Webuybooks experience on Ebay

Options
Adam1971
Adam1971 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 October 2021 at 5:35AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Avoid these crooks at all costs. I asked to get some real pictures of a book as it was a stock photo and they ignored my request for nearly a week but then lowered the price of it by about £4. I went back to check if they have replied but to my dismay they put the price up from £27 to a £100. I have never ever seen any thing like that in all my life. They are either trying to swindle me or have read my request and checked it against other prices then thought ooo we can make more here! Fancy changing your price after someones asked you about it's condition!?  That's really bad practice!!
It's a companion to another book and you can get both together commonly for between £70-80. 
I have just read other feedback on EBay left by others and it's row after row of bad experiences.How can you trust anyone when they do that to you! Not a question!
I also added the ISBN to see how much they give you for this book... £2 they offer. laughable!
Theys till haven't replied to two meessages I've sent them now. Let me guess, because they know what they've done is shady. 
Stay clear stay very clear. Cowboys!

Comments

• pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    So they realised an item they had was underpriced and raised it.  Or perhaps your request made them realise it wasn't actually in stock (as suggested by the use of a stock photo) and they raised the price to keep the listing active but in the knowledge that nobody would buy it.

Doesn't really make them cowboys does it?
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    it could also work just like most airlines and holiday companies do - basic supply and demand.
    When there is little to no demand the price is low but when interest is shown the price goes up.

I hate that pricing model but am well aware that it is widely used.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,204 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In the book categories ebay add a stock photo - webuybooks is a mega seller and frankly probably don’t bother responding to questions as they don’t need to . They do state the condition of every book they sell and should a book not be as described then the ebay guarantee would kick in anyway. Unusually for a mega seller they have retained an excellent rating of 99.6% , they also also certainly use a dynamic automatic pricing system, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them (and have done so in the past). 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback