Selling shares

Options
I have shares i want to sell but at present I simply hold the physical share certificate and don't have a share dealing account. 

Once I sell these I wont have any remaining shares so don't really want to open a shared dealing account that has an annual fee that I'd pay for the year only to then close it as soon as the sale completes. 

Anyone know where I can sell the shares without excessive costs involved?

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    https://www.x-o.co.uk/ are the usual go-to recommendation for this sort of requirement....
  • dlk
    dlk Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Excellent thanks. I've never heard of them but looks exactly what I was looking for
  • typistretired
    Options
    Received letter today from Equiniti  with tender offer from Lloyds Bank Group Share Account to purchase preference shares. In a quandary what to do.  
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thought that you wanted to sell the shares? 
  • typistretired
    Options
    No offer gone out to all holders of 6.475 % Preference Shares 
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am also a bit confused as to how typistretired's Lloyds letter relates to dlk's share certificate sale or why these are in the same thread.
  • typistretired
    Options
    Alexland said:
    I am also a bit confused as to how typistretired's Lloyds letter relates to dlk's share certificate sale or why these are in the same thread.
    Point me in the right direction then as I searched forum and this was only place that talked about shares
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 November 2021 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Alexland said:
    Point me in the right direction then as I searched forum and this was only place that talked about shares
    Start your own new thread to ask a question, otherwise it simply creates confusion. 
  • tebbins
    tebbins Posts: 773 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 November 2021 at 5:35PM
    Options
    Alexland said:
    General etiquette is to make your own thread to ask your own question in this section of the forum, however I appreciate there isn't really a "savings & investments forum etiquette" code anywhere.
    And this is far from the only thread that talks about this sort of thing, though again I appreciate the forum's search feature isn't the best. You could try manually skimming through the past... 10 pages or so.
  • typistretired
    Options
    Okay have now created my own post in Savings and Investments. Surprised Martin hasn’t discussed it on his blog
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure