NatWest £150 "Switch & Stay" offer

Options

Comments

• kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kuepper said:
    I've just switched an RBS account to Santander. I wondered (because RBS is part of same group) if I'd still be eligible for the Natwest offer if I switched a current account to them from another bank (I've got a TSB and Virgin I could switch)
    The terms state that if you've received an incentive from RBS/Ulster since Oct 2017 you won't be eligible. That said, a fair few people on here, myself included, have decided to try a switch anyway for past incentives and they have paid out - can't guarantee it'll work this time around but it has worked in the past. Worst case all you've done is moved your donor account from TSB/Virgin to NatWest and you switch it away during another incentive down the line.
    I was more concerned that I'd be seen as just dumping one Natwest group account(rbs) in order to facilitate getting switch money from another(Natwest). 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was all excited until I spotted this pesky clause under the Please Note para in the OP above : 

• You won’t be eligible for this offer if you’ve already taken advantage of a cash switcher offer from NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland and/or Ulster Bank between October 2017 and 11th October 2021.

This means that I, and I suspect loads of other dedicated MSE serial switchers, will fail to qualify for this offer :'(
    I suspect you're probably right but there will be many who can still take advantage.

If you've previously gotten a RBS/Ulster incentive but not a NatWest incentive however I'd still give it a shot - a number of people, myself included, have managed to successfully claim an incentive from NatWest/RBS/Ulster even though they've switched to a sister bank during the excluded period - just make sure to meet all the other offer terms.
    Ulster is now an integrated part of NatWest so is less likely to work than RBS who are still their own entity .
    I suppose only way to know is to try...
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sad- just checked: switched to NatWest Jan 2018 so that's me out of the race!

I have several a/cs that are waiting to go!!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • singhini
    singhini Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2021 at 11:30PM
    Options
    I just want to check something please with all you clever folk.
    I've got a TESCO account with £zero balance and NO direct debits (because TESCO are systematically / automatically closing their accounts on 30th November).
    So have i understood this correct please. I could apply online in the next few days for a Natwest Select account and they will auto switch the old TESCO account (hopefully everything goes smooth and completes well before TESCO close my account on 30th November) and aslong as i pay in £1,500 and log in online by 13th January 2022 Natwest will pay me £100 by 11th February 2022 AND most importantly Natwest don't charge a monthly fee and nor do they require any direct debits on this new account.
    Surely this can't be right?
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,473 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I was all excited until I spotted this pesky clause under the Please Note para in the OP above : 

• You won’t be eligible for this offer if you’ve already taken advantage of a cash switcher offer from NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland and/or Ulster Bank between October 2017 and 11th October 2021.

This means that I, and I suspect loads of other dedicated MSE serial switchers, will fail to qualify for this offer :'(
    I suspect you're probably right but there will be many who can still take advantage.

If you've previously gotten a RBS/Ulster incentive but not a NatWest incentive however I'd still give it a shot - a number of people, myself included, have managed to successfully claim an incentive from NatWest/RBS/Ulster even though they've switched to a sister bank during the excluded period - just make sure to meet all the other offer terms.
    Ulster is now an integrated part of NatWest so is less likely to work than RBS who are still their own entity .
    Still an entirely separate instance of the RBS platform, with its own logins and no visibility between accounts. I'm not saying that means your golden but systems wise the divide between Ulster, RBS and Natwest is still there.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,473 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    singhini said:
    I've got a TESCO account with £zero balance and NO direct debits (because TESCO are systematically / automatically closing their accounts on 30th November).
    So have i understood this correct please. I could apply online in the next few days for a Natwest Select account and they will auto switch the old TESCO account (hopefully everything goes smooth and completes well before TESCO close my account on 30th November) and aslong as i pay in £1,500 and log in online by 13th January 2022 Natwest will pay me £100 by 11th February 2022 AND most importantly Natwest don't charge a monthly fee and nor do they require any direct debits on this new account.
    Yes, that is correct.

They are incentivising the switch, there is nothing concrete meaning you have to do stuff which offers them a return on their investment directly.
  • singhini
    singhini Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    WillPS said:
    singhini said:
    Yes, that is correct.

They are incentivising the switch, there is nothing concrete meaning you have to do stuff which offers them a return on their investment directly.
    Thankyou for your help, really appreciated. 
  • andyhicks88
    andyhicks88 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 October 2021 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Is the £1500 you have to pay in inclusive of any amount transferred from the old account when it switches? Or does that £1500 have to paid in after the switch has completed?  And then once that £1500 has been paid in does it have to stay there until they pay out or can it be drawn back out again?
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    when you apply do you get the chance to choose the switch date ( obviously before their deadline ends) or will the process start immediately?
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WillPS said:

Still an entirely separate instance of the RBS platform, with its own logins and no visibility between accounts. I'm not saying that means your golden but systems wise the divide between Ulster, RBS and Natwest is still there.
    Thanks for the heads up may well chance my arm and see if i can apply for the RBS equivalent of this, can't risk Natwest as thats whom i had it before.  However if don't get the incentive, the worse case scenario just means that my sacrificial account is with RBS from Nationwide.  
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback