• edited 7 October 2021 at 11:36PM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 7 October 2021 at 11:36PM
    srpsrp said:
    I've not even had to go to sign on since March 2019 either 👍
    Do you mean because of the pandemic? Do you mean March 2020? It was March 2020 when job centres closed. 
  • Gig1968Gig1968 Forumite
    301 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    No people on the same benefit  who were claiming for example ESA in 2020 before the government decided to uplift UC by £20 who then transferred across, to grab the extra cash. Do you think those people would have moved otherwise no they wouldn't. For all those who didn't move my personal opinion is that their benefit should be lifted too. I have just watched a minister get tied up in knots on the tv in knots about the uplift. He said it was time to end it as the economy was now booming and there were thousands of job vacancies. When asked how that would impact on  the thousands of disabled people who cant work he hafbt got a clue how to answer ... Sort of sums the shambles universal credit is and how the government have no idea who is in it. 
  • ViksHrksViksHrks Forumite
    5 Posts
    10 Posts
    Thanks people for the help!
  • srpsrpsrpsrp Forumite
    41 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    srpsrp said:
    I'm on JSA still and following this Saga. I gather UC people are treated a lot worse, kind of like a implicit that that they can just stop your money, added to the fact that you have to keep plugging away at the phone lines and online diaries etc, not to mention the 5 weeks with no money. I decided it wasn't worth switching. Shame though, I could have used the money to fix my car and probably get a job. I've not even had to go to sign on since March 2019 either 👍
    Wow, way to go to encourage the stereotype  :/
    Yes we'll if we had a comps mentis Tory MP here he might actually point out that there are no full time jobs and people who own houses are effectively trapped in the system, ie expected to take 16hr a week job and pay probably 1/4 of wages for travel and £1000+ council tax, what's the point?
    301 Posts
    ✭✭
    Today is the day. May all the judges be in a good mood. I have read that the case was due to be today and tomorrow. However due to unforeseen circumstances it is now today and Friday. Could be a big hit on the chancellors pockets if the government lose.
    301 Posts
    ✭✭
    As the taxpayers have gratefully  funded the universal credit increase, hopefully mr judge will find it only fair the taxpayer does the same for those on legacy benefits...
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I understand it, even a win on the court case doesn't automatically mean a pay out for those eligible. 
  • Lanzarote1938Lanzarote1938 Forumite
    694 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭
    Gig1968 said:
    As the taxpayers have gratefully  funded the universal credit increase, hopefully mr judge will find it only fair the taxpayer does the same for those on legacy benefits...

I think you mean forced to fund. I doubt many taxpayers were grateful to shell out more money.