British Gas Customer Service Vent

Rosesgirl
Rosesgirl Posts: 72 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 26 September 2021 at 12:54AM in Praise, vent & warnings
What is going on with British Gas customer service. I arranged a gas safety check in July after speaking to 2 people on one call. On the day of the appointment no one showed .

I was in the planning of leaving the property soon so didn't follow up the missed appointment 

I'm on pay as you go meter . On Wednesday I went to check how much credit I had but the meter wasn't working, this is the first time this has ever happened ever. I phoned up and the advisor said they would text me an appointment for someone to come out and fit a new smart meter.
( Coincidence? I received a letter last week inviting me to arrange a smart meter , when I asked them a few years ago they said they couldn't unless I had my electricity with them too)

I had to go away for a few days so I'm now having to go home to a broken meter possibly no gas as they couldn't tell me how much credit I had on the meter , and no appointment .

Comments

• Contact them the day you get home they will get someone out that day to get the meter fitted you can't be without gas or electric x
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Could you not have arranged an appointment for the day after you arrived home?

• Update : This goes from bad to worse. I called on Monday they said they'd send an engineer out between 5 & 7pm.  Just before 8pm he called me sob story he's been rushed off his feet and he needs to go to off supply visits .

I called today and was on the line for 40 mins before I was cut off . I called back and again have been told they will call me with the engineers appointment and if I miss the call they will text it . Nothing ! 
    So I'm at the end of patience with this and now feel I have no choice but to wait until my supply just goes so I get an emergency appointment.
  • That really sucks. Hope you can get it sorted!
  • I'm still waiting on my gas to run out and I will phone the emergency number, any day now I reckon , for my sanity I decided I couldn't face any more attempts at getting through ....when for clearly some reason I was going round in circles I emailed the complaints team prior to my last attempt to get an engineer booked but surprise surprise no response 
  • If you use fb go on there and send them a private message. Give them all your details, name & address, account number, email address and phone number in that message or you could spend days back and forth before they can look into your problem. 
  • Update : No call, no appointment ....then 

I was woke this morning early by knocking on my front door , it was the only guy from British Gas saying I'm here to fit your smart meter!
    He put a £ 5 credit on for me so better late than never .

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback