Airline claiming the compensation claim is outside 6years

CFM2000CFM2000 Forumite
2 Posts
Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I had a delayed flight on 21/9/2015 from Mykonos to Gatwick. As it was the last flight of the day, the airline arranged overnight accommodation and the flight took off the following day. I had booked for 5 passengers. Unfortunately I only sent the claim request to easyJet on 20/9/21 which I thought would still be within the 6year limit, however they have emailed claiming it is outside the legal limit for the Uk.

Is this correct or are my rights to claim within the limit as the submission was within the timeframe I believe? Would I have any other avenues to pursue this?

Any help would be much appreciated

Replies

• WestinWestin Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did you leave this so long?

I think probably time to move on and let this one go.
  • thegreenonethegreenone Forumite
    395 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    As above.  Why did you wait this long?

On the two occasions I have been delayed, it's been the first job once home and the holiday washing on.  One paid within days and the other a few months later (a bit more complicated).
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    14.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you need to commence court proceedings within the 6 years....quite a few airlines would decline claims close to deadline knowing full well that you would not be able to submit your court documents within the 6 years