Mail from Companies House not for me

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    43.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you find the son online? I think you say you've tried to contact him, perhaps online / social media is the way to go. 

But I'd definitely consider the forwarding mail with an invoice route. "For services rendered by handling correspondence" as a description.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • TripleHTripleH Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of several reasons why a company would have a different address.
    Op. I don't mean to panic you because it is unlikely you are anywhere near this point but if the company runs up debts, they may send bailiffs to the address of the registered office and I understand they have more than bailiffs looking to recover from individuals. Keep an eye on mail that does come to your address incase it is for debts.
    In the olden days it was quite easy to incentivise people to update their addresses because that would be where companies House sent reminders to file returns and if you didn't file these in time your company got shut and the assets went to the state.
    Wherever you go, whatever you do Richard Marx is right there waiting for you.

Sweet dreams!
  • seatbeltnoobseatbeltnoob Forumite
    1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    gogole the company name, find their business and let the owner know. Could be a mistake.
  • longwalks1longwalks1 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Savvy_Sue said:
    Can you find the son online? I think you say you've tried to contact him, perhaps online / social media is the way to go. 

But I'd definitely consider the forwarding mail with an invoice route. "For services rendered by handling correspondence" as a description.
    Have tried to find the son online but to no avail, tried all social media sites, and even asked our neighbours for any details on him but drew a blank.  Frustrating
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    molerat said:
    Thanks molerat.  I followed your link and filed a complaint there too, the way I see it the more complaints and reports I make, the sooner they hopefully contact him and get it corrected.  I even completed an RP07 form on CH website to correct the address and sent it back on Thursday so hoping that triggers some action too
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    TripleH said:
    I can think of several reasons why a company would have a different address.
    Op. I don't mean to panic you because it is unlikely you are anywhere near this point but if the company runs up debts, they may send bailiffs to the address of the registered office and I understand they have more than bailiffs looking to recover from individuals. 
    That as my concern TripleH.  Doesnt make sense to use an 8 year old address.  It wasnt an error, or 'genuine mistake' like some suggest, the forms were completed intentionally.  The reason I'm so paranoid about it is I had a new credit card intercepted about 12 years ago at my old address, my mail was redirected, new card intercepted and £12k or £14k spent on it. was a nightmare to sort out.  Hence this triggering my senses
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    gogole the company name, find their business and let the owner know. Could be a mistake.
    Cant find it on google, apart from on CH website.  Displays my home address.  no phone number.  I can assure you it wasnt an 'error' or 'genuine mistake'.  It was purposely done, for a specific reason.  Unless he's just woken from an 8 year coma, he knows full well he doesnt live at my address anymore.
  • martindowmartindow Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there really nothing on google, twitter or facebook for this company?  It would be astonishing if someone was trading and had no traces online.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    26.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open the mail, (and before people start yelling about prosecution, if you’re not doing anything fraud like with it, nobody cares) to see if there’s anything debt related, then bin the rest.

I’m presuming that if important post stops arriving he’ll eventually have to do something about it.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.