Cancelled Virgin Flights, bought through PH Travel

Options
2»

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you asked them what the £300 deduction is for?

Was this a booking for 4 people?  If so sounds like their £75 x 4 admin charge which according to section 10 of the terms you posted should be per booking rather than per person.
  • peterkgb1
    Options
    Westin said:

Was this a booking for 4 people?  If so sounds like their £75 x 4 admin charge.
    it's a booking for 2 people.  Those amounts are approximate and rounded up and they've given no explanation for the amounts
  • peterkgb1
    Options
    Westin said:

section 10 also refers to changes requested by us.  we haven't requested any change, the flight has been cancelled
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 September 2021 at 2:19PM
    Options
    peterkgb1 said:
    Westin said:

section 10 also refers to changes requested by us.  we haven't requested any change, the flight has been cancelled
    In your OP. 

I requested a refund in full
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I suspect PH Travel may have purchased your flights though a flight consolidator type supplier and therefore both their admin charge and that of the supplier might be charged.  This may account for them being a little woolly with you on the £300 breakdown.

Had you booked direct with the airline a full refund would be due on an airline cancellation.  Hopefully VS have improved on their refund turn around times since last year (I waited I think 12 weeks).   Booking via an agent may mean you incur a charge for them applying for and processing the refund.  These issues often are reported when people have booked via 'cheap' online ticket sellers.  Everything over and above a ticket sale has a cost or charge.  There is often these days no commission on the airline sale so they have to cover costs and mark up with extra services and fees.

I do think £300 is pushing it.  It might be worth challenging them again and asking them to provide a written cost to secure your refund, with a breakdown of the cost.   You may think even £75 per booking is high but it could well be that this becomes the compromise to secure your refund.  
  • rigolith
    rigolith Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If they don't change their minds go to your bank and tell them that the T&C's don't mention this charge.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Was it a return ticket or  one outbound and one inbound?
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    What was the advantage of using this 3rd party over purchasing directly for airline?
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • superbigal
    Options
    movilogo said:
    What was the advantage of using this 3rd party over purchasing directly for airline?
    I would go for a 99p saving but not really relevant.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback