IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DCBL / UK Parking Control

Options
124»

Comments

• Jcosh
    Jcosh Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update:

I have received the SAR information from UKPC.
    I have spoken to DCBL and they have offered a settlement of £200 away from court (there need a response today). 
    I have now received the N180 to be completed. 

Questions;

Should I make a counter offer to DCBL?

In addition to the claimed amount on their claim form (assuming I go to court), will I be liable for any other costs should I be found at fault?

On the N180, question C1 asks if I agree to that small claims is the appropriate track for this case. I'm tempted to say no and explain that I think it is a waste of time. 

Additionally there is a form enclosed with the N180 encouraging a Small Claims Mediation Service, surely this is the way to go? If I fill this form in, do I still need to submit the N180?

Thank you. 

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You could offer zero pounds , a drop hands offer , each side walks away bearing their own costs !!  😀😀

No , as long as you are not found to be unreasonable
    Typically you pay a lot less than the total claimed

Follow the N180 advice in the newbies FAQ sticky thread , do not go off piste

The N180 is ALWAYS submitted , mediation never works in parking cases , it's their fir cases like breach of loans , rent arrears , breach of Mobile phone contracts , etc , nothing to do with parking matters
  • Jcosh
    Jcosh Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Redx said:
    You could offer zero pounds , a drop hands offer , each side walks away bearing their own costs !!  😀😀

No , as long as you are not found to be unreasonable
    Typically you pay a lot less than the total claimed

Follow the N180 advice in the newbies FAQ sticky thread , do not go off piste

The N180 is ALWAYS submitted , mediation never works in parking cases , it's their fir cases like breach of loans , rent arrears , breach of Mobile phone contracts , etc , nothing to do with parking matters

Is it sensible to offer zero, I assume that won't be taken seriously? 

Are you suggesting that even if found at fault I will pay no more than their claim (£260.91) and possibly less? DCBL suggested, when I spoke ot them, that on top of the £260.91 there may be additional court costs of circa £30. 

I will re remind myself of the N180 FAQ. Thanks. 

Why do they enclose a mediation offer form then I wonder?

AND, to be certain there is no CCJ concern so long as any monies awarded to the claimant, by the court, are paid in the allotted time frame?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 September 2021 at 2:44PM
    Options
    They can try anything , so do not be surprised , but do object to all spurious charges , meaning a typical loss in court is about £200. I have no idea why you would take Any advice from the opposition !! 😭😭😭

There are rules and protocols , so the CCBC are not interested in what it's about , they include everything on their tick list , following the procedures laid down by the justice department , clearly you are sidetracking yourself with all this wondering , just assume that it is what it has to be , instead of speculating on legal protocols that mean nothing , hence why bargepole wrote his guide over 5 years ago 😀😀🙃🙃

MCOL is not designed for parking charge court claims , but they use it regardless

If you lose , pay in full ASAP , to avoid the CCJ being logged , a losing defendant is given up to 30 days Grace period to pay in full , ignoring the Court judgment is what leads to a CCJ , basically consider it as contempt of court , with a suitable punishment

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,179 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 September 2021 at 3:46PM
    Options

Are you suggesting that even if found at fault I will pay no more than their claim (£260.91) and possibly less?

Of course!  That’s why we do this.

The NEWBIES thread and reading any other defence threads ( and reading your own defence!) would tell you that.

The added £60 is a false cost.  Most Judges disallow it even if a Defendant loses.  The only addition fee in play later is £25 hearing fee so of course if you lose you would almost certainly pay less and might even see the interest disallowed too if the delay was due to the Claimant sitting on it and not being the case to court promptly.

But only 1% of people here report losing.  The NEWBIES thread tells you all of this.

Of course you are not going to make an offer, you don’t have to respond to that template letter of trash.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why don't you just follow Bargepole's 'what happens when link in the NEWBIES thread?

It tells you exactly how to answer all those questions.

You will find it immediately after this red heading...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure