Default not showing Credit Report

Options
I hope someone can advise.

My previous landlord without my knowledge changed the water bill to my name. I got to know about this last week (Because of a tenant currently living there). The bill is from OCT 2020 and the letter is dated MAY 2021 from a debt collection agency stating that I have to pay the bills from JAN 2020 till OCT 2020. I spoke to the landlord about this and he is no help whatsoever. 

Since I am planning to go for a mortgage within the next few months, I called the company and explained to them, they requested something written to remove it from my name and that it has already been recorded as a default in my credit reports (I don't have any written record that landlord is responsible for the bill). Therefore, without any delay, I immediately paid the bills to avoid any future problems such as CCJ.

When I checked my credit report (All three agencies), there is no default recorded. Does this mean, there was no default and I can forget about this, or should I keep waiting and try to remove it once it shows up. 

Please note the water company does not have my current address after OCT 2020 therefore, I did not get any default letters plus I paid using my current account. 

Thank you 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure