We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three cashback success story

Options
me_and
me_and Posts: 43 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Didn't want to post earlier, as I wanted to make sure the cashback actually came through, but here's a small success story:
  • 12-month SIM-only contract with Three, including 12GB data/month, and unlimited calls and texts.
  • Bought in the Black Friday sales in November 2020 for £10/month, which rose to £10.45/month with the inflation-linked jump in March 2021.
  • Less £78 cashback by redemption from AffordableMobiles.co.uk (four separate claims, one left to make, but the previous three have all paid without any issues).
  • Less £26 cashback for getting to AffordableMobiles via iMutual
Total costs over the 12 months, including a few extra days to account for the overlap between my old contract and my new one, works out at £125.56. Assuming I get the final cashback from AffordableMobiles – and I can't think of any reason I wouldn't – that works out at £21.56 for the entire year, or a fraction under £1.80/month.

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Thats a good result,

I though the days of free(nearly free) were long gone, got  a  few phones back in the day with cashback offers.

Might be time to review, loaded up with cheap PAYG options for now as usage is low. 

A three deal like that would work for us as we use data in the US.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure