New to LUX3.6 ACS

Comments

• Solarchaser
    Solarchaser Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    You could have one inverter with 3 batteries and one with 4, that's how I started with parallel 
    West central Scotland
    4kw sse since 2014 and 6.6kw wsw / ene split since 2019
    24kwh leaf, 75Kwh Tesla and Lux 3600 with 60Kwh storage
  • Did you have any issues with getting the 7.2kw potential export past DNO?
    I was considering it until I found out the cost of the 2 inverters & an extra battery to give me a balanced set.

• Solarchaser
    No issues... I didn't apply to the dno.

On the balancing part, right now I have 12kwh on one stack and 10.7 on the other, 95% of the time they are at the same percentage,  4% of the time they are 2-3% adrift, and once they were 20% adrift, but they soon sort themselves out
    West central Scotland
  • Thanks, I will see how I get on with just the 1 for now, it's hard to justify spending the extra to just cover the odd time when our consumption is more than 3.6kw.
    My wife has become accustomed to limiting how many things are on together.
    Know it will be different with the ASHP but nice to know you have experience with a paralleled system.
    It was tempting to stump up the extra, but I wanted to cover the possibility that I can add another parallel to double the charge & discharge.
  • Solarchaser
    Yeah absolutely,  it's another £750 for no real gain if you can convince the wife to keep the usage down.
    I unfortunately don't have that luxury.
    Mine thinks nothing of switching on the washing machine, dryer, dishwasher and then going for an electric shower. 

I will move to a water tank soon that will take out the electric showers, but I'll still need the parallel to cover the rest.
    West central Scotland
  • Have my hot water tank all sorted from heat pump & Solar Iboost so no problems there with large buffer tank for underfloor heating & upstairs radiators.
  • Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sorry to highjack but what is the peak that the lux 3.6 can provide to the house when solar is running as well?
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
  • EVandPV
    EVandPV Posts: 2,106 Forumite
    Spies said:
    Sorry to highjack but what is the peak that the lux 3.6 can provide to the house when solar is running as well?
    3.6kw whether your pv is generating or not. 
    Well that's the spec anyway, most of us are finding it actually peaks at about 3.3 to 3.4kw.

Scott in Fife, 2.9kwp pv SSW facing, 2.7kw Fronius inverter installed Jan 2012 - 14.3kwh Seplos Mason battery storage with Lux ac controller - Renault Zoe 40kwh, Corsa-e 50kwh, Zappi EV charger and Octopus Go
  • Solarchaser
    Note this is the ac model which means it's not your solar inverter, it's a separate system.
    This is different to a hybrid inverter.

So if you had full batteries and 4kw of generation,  you could theoretically have 7.6kw of energy available. 

I have dual ac lux, so if I have around 3kw of solar, I can use the 10kw shower and not buy anything from the grid as the two lux put out around 6.8-7kw  plus the 3kw of solar gives around 10kw so covering the load
    West central Scotland
  • Spies
    Spies Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 8 August 2021 at 7:50PM
    Thanks for that, what does the system do when the batteries hit their max DOD, do they have to charge back up to a certain level until they can be used by the system otherwise they would be in a constant state of charge/discharge? 
    4.29kWp Solar system, 45/55 South/West split in cloudy rainy Cumbria. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback