Excel Parking Letter of Claim

edited 31 July at 9:16PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
48 replies 747 views
1235»

Replies

• Bonez257Bonez257 Forumite
    45 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Ignore it.  This is common and Excel/VCS have a legal team of sorts, in house and that’s how they will proceed.

You will need to suss out an email address for them ready for WS and evidence stage unless they are going to play the game if not accepting documents by email.

Be aware they also play a game of getting the rep who attends the hearing to pretend they never received a victim’s WS and evidence so whichever way you serve it, keep proof.
    Are they allowed to refuse documents sent by email?
  • 95Rollers95Rollers Forumite
    202 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    They'll just come up with some guff about not receiving it or the documents being "lost in the post". So send Second class and get a free proof of postage receipt as well as taking a photo of the physical letter.  Also screenshots of the sent emails from your Sent Folder and if you attach a Read Receipt to your emails I'd suggest doing that too.  I imagine they'll deliberately not answer or delete with opening. 
  • Jenni_DJenni_D Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Bonez257 said:
    Ignore it.  This is common and Excel/VCS have a legal team of sorts, in house and that’s how they will proceed.

You will need to suss out an email address for them ready for WS and evidence stage unless they are going to play the game if not accepting documents by email.

Be aware they also play a game of getting the rep who attends the hearing to pretend they never received a victim’s WS and evidence so whichever way you serve it, keep proof.
    Are they allowed to refuse documents sent by email?
    If they have previously communicated with you by email then I believe you are justified in serving documents by email.

But a Google search answered the question quickly anyway. :) https://excelparkingservices.co.uk/contact/
    Jenni x
    45 Posts
    UPDATE

The case has now been transferred over to my local court. Looking at the next steps on the Court Claim Procedure post, i should be getting a Notice of Allocation. I'm aware i have to produce a WS but was wondering if there is a template for one and if someone could point me in the direction of it, thanks
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonez257 said:
     I'm aware i have to produce a WS but was wondering if there is a template for one and if someone could point me in the direction of it, thanks
    Can I suggest it is time for you to look again at the second post of the NEWBIES thread?

Look for these bold words in that post...
    LETTERS ABOUT HEARINGS - WITNESS STATEMENT AND EVIDENCE TIME!
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    98.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what is in the NEWBIES thread about this stage, we tell people to read recent WS examples shown in current 2021 threads, such as thise posted to help others, in the threads by @jrhys and @Nosy.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    45 Posts
    UPDATE

The letter has come through the post and the court date has been set for a few days before Christmas.

Could I post the WS on this thread for people to look at?

Thanks
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonez257 said:
    UPDATE
    The letter has come through the post and the court date has been set for a few days before Christmas.

Could I post the WS on this thread for people to look at?
    Yep, quite normal to do that.