Excel Parking Letter of Claim

edited 31 July at 9:16PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
46 replies 711 views

Replies

• Bonez257Bonez257 Forumite
    44 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Umkomaas said:
    The CCBC forwards your defence to the Claimant who then has 28 days in which to decide if they wish to proceed. It's only after that confirmation will the CCBC issue a DQ.  Check progress on your MCOL history page. 

Have you received confirmation that the CCBC has received your Defence via an auto-response email after submission?  If not, check it out on the MCOL history page. 
    I haven't received a confirmation. I checked my sent emails box and it says the email was sent on the 18th. The last reading on my MCOL Claim history is the acknowledgement of service was received on 02/08/21
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    98.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you must forward it again.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    44 Posts
    UPDATE

I received the DQ pretty much the next day after the court confirmed they had received the defence. I have followed the steps on the sticky forum and sent off the DQ to the email address where I sent the defence. I did get a confirmation auto response email from CCBCAQ but it has still not updated on MCOL. Should I re-send or keep waiting? I have also sent it to the solicitors and they have asked for my details i.e full name and address with the claim number.
  • edited 11 September at 3:25PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    36.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 September at 3:25PM
    If it's been more than a week since you emailed the DQ , forward it again with another reminder of when it was originally emailed and check for another auto receipt , because their systems seem to be very bad of late , catching some people out

However , they don't work weekends , so check early next week

So if in doubt , rinse and repeat
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 11 September at 3:33PM
    KeithPKeithP Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 September at 3:33PM
    Bonez257 said:
    I have also sent it to the solicitors and they have asked for my details i.e full name and address with the claim number.
    Don't they have that information?

Did you complete this box on the Directions Questionnaire?...

...and of course you put the Claim Number in  the Claim Number box in the top right hand corner of the first page of the form, if it wasn't there already?

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    98.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s probably an auto response email.
    44 Posts
    KeithP said:
    Bonez257 said:
    I have also sent it to the solicitors and they have asked for my details i.e full name and address with the claim number.
    Don't they have that information?

Did you complete this box on the Directions Questionnaire?...

...and of course you put the Claim Number in  the Claim Number box in the top right hand corner of the first page of the form, if it wasn't there already?

I did think that... the form has been filled out correctly and signed at the bottom... strange
    44 Posts
    UPDATE

I received a letter from Excel Parking stating that Elms Legal are no longer acting on their behalf and any further correspondence would have to be sent to them directly. In this letter, they mention they are willing to accept a reduced fee of £185. I believe now they realised the fake £60 debt collection isn't going to help them in court? Do I make a counter-offer to show willing or just ignore and continue to wait for a court date? The second page is a "Notice of change of legal representative" and states Elms legal has ceased to act on their behalf and they will now be acting "in person" whatever that means...
  • edited 15 September at 2:19AM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    98.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 September at 2:19AM
    Ignore it.  This is common and Excel/VCS have a legal team of sorts, in house and that’s how they will proceed.

You will need to suss out an email address for them ready for WS and evidence stage unless they are going to play the game if not accepting documents by email.

Be aware they also play a game of getting the rep who attends the hearing to pretend they never received a victim’s WS and evidence so whichever way you serve it, keep proof.