Bulb Refunds

anm72
anm72 Posts: 50 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Has anyone had an email from Bulb after receiving a refund from them asking you to pay the money back as they have made a mistake on the amount of the refund ?
How do they stand on that if people refuse to pay it back ?

Comments

• Most suppliers would correct your credit/debit balance and increase your monthly direct debit to recover the overpayment so that you achieve a zero balance at the end of your contract period. The fact that you have received a refund changes nothing as far as your energy charges are concerned. The money that you pay to your supplier each month is money held on account from which charges for energy used are deducted.
  • anm72
    I forgot to mention this is to customers who have left them and gone elsewhere

• anm72 said:
    I forgot to mention this is to customers who have left them and gone elsewhere

They are entitled to their money back. All companies make administrative mistakes , and they have the right to go to Court to recover monies owed for a period of up to 6 years.
  • It sounds like you received a final bill after leaving Bulb and switching to another supplier. You had credit refunded and later a revised final bill was generated and sent to you demanding payment? Is that what has happened?

If so, check the closing meter reading matches the opening meter reading for the new supplier. If it does then I’m afraid you’ll have to pay it.
  • anm72
    what has happened is they overcharged and then refunded the overcharge but refunded too much and realised and now want the difference back 

• MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    anm72 said:
    what has happened is they overcharged and then refunded the overcharge but refunded too much and realised and now want the difference back 

If they are correct then you do need to pay them, if they are not correct then tell them where they are wrong...

There really shouldn't be any uncertainty as there is only one right answer...

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    anm72 said:

If the amount is small, I'd be inclined to ignore it as the chances of them pursuing are between nil and zero!
  • anm72 said:

If the amount is small, I'd be inclined to ignore it as the chances of them pursuing are between nil and zero!
    Wow - that is great advice. Surely, if the amount is small then why risk a hit on a credit report by not paying it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback