Symbio opening meter reading error

pavacava
pavacava Posts: 28
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
Quick question, I'm trying to send Symbio an opening meter reading since the 26th but keep getting a error message.  "An error occured while sending data. Please contact customer services."

2days later customer services say it cannot accept meter readings by email or telephone and to send a copy of the screenshot of the error.

This means they will not add the opening reading to the account. If I cannot get their form to work I'm basically stuffed. This does not bode well!

How is everyone managing to send meter readings? The meter has 5 digits and I'm sending this as 04444. Should I lose the first zero and send as 4444? 

I'm not even trying to send a photo! Anyone offer any help?

Comments

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,064
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes drop the zero
  • pavacava
    Forumite
    Thank you Swipe. Just tried this but it still giving the same error message.
    I've tried a phone and computer but still no joy.

I've kept the date as the supply go live date, the 26th of July, I wonder if that is a problem, being 2 days old?
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,064
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Make sure you have a photo as evidence
  • Tallerdave
    Tallerdave Posts: 321
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to be aware that Symbio are the most useless and incompetent organisation on the planet. Virtually everything they say, on the 'phone or in an email, is utter rubbish and bears no resemblance to reality.

Of course they can take your readings over the 'phone or by email, it's just they have a script telling them to ask people to do it on the website. They're so stupid that they won't be able to grasp the concept of their lousy Fisher Price website not working correctly. 

Send them an email with the reading pointing out that if they refuse to accept it you'll be going to the ombudsman after 8 weeks. They'll eventually do what you ask, after several weeks. 
  • pavacava
    Forumite
    Thank you. I might just have to do this. I've tried umpteen times with the opening reading on diff computers and a phone, still won't send.

Now tried tonight with the end of month reading, still won't accept. Completely agree about the Fisher price website, doesn't even look as if it attempts to send the data!

The supply went live on Monday and now Saturday evening, symbio have still not created my account or sent a link for me to do so! When I try to create the account it refuses. I'm beginning to think something's not right here, my old supplier definitely knows I've left. Not sure it should take over 6 days for an account to be created!

Also filled in their form for having trouble with meter readings and they say my email is not recognised, so that won't send either.

This is an account for my 80 year old relative, this is not looking great. Did it take a while (days/weeks) for other customers to have their accounts created when you all move to Symbio?
  • glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 632
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    When I joined earlier this year I received a number of emails from Symbio after application. It was all very logical:

1. "Welcome..." - quotes supply address and MPAN, terms&conditions and FAQs
    2. "Tariff..." - quotes address and tariff
    3. "Direct debit..." - quotes bank details and DD reference
    ... a few days later ..
    4. "Welcome switching process initiated" - quotes estimated date of supply and your customer reference number with personalised link to sign on to customer portal (website)
    ... later...
    5. "Welcome switch confirmed" - quotes switching date and repeats personalised link to sign on to customer portal (website)
    6. "Request for opening meter read" - again repeats personalised link to sign on to customer portal (website)

If you're not seeing a comprehensive set of emails from Symbio, are you sure there was not an email address typo in your application?
  • pavacava
    Forumite
    Thanks for this glennevis.  Yes, I have all these emails but will not let me create the account, when I follow the link using their customer reference it will not proceed.

The 6th email was the one I used to contact customer services, giving the open read. So from what your saying there really shouldn't be a delay in creating my account. 

Right  I'm going to get this sorted as soon as possible.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 August 2021 at 7:11AM
    pavacava said:
    Thank you. I might just have to do this. I've tried umpteen times with the opening reading on diff computers and a phone, still won't send.

Now tried tonight with the end of month reading, still won't accept. Completely agree about the Fisher price website, doesn't even look as if it attempts to send the data!

The supply went live on Monday and now Saturday evening, symbio have still not created my account or sent a link for me to do so! When I try to create the account it refuses. I'm beginning to think something's not right here, my old supplier definitely knows I've left. Not sure it should take over 6 days for an account to be created!

Also filled in their form for having trouble with meter readings and they say my email is not recognised, so that won't send either.

This is an account for my 80 year old relative, this is not looking great. Did it take a while (days/weeks) for other customers to have their accounts created when you all move to Symbio?
    In the event that you are unable to provide a meter reading this will be estimated by an industry data collector. Most suppliers will not set up an online account until they have received an industry-agreed opening/closing reading which can take up to 10 days from the date of the transfer. I have known it to take up to 5 weeks. 

• cannugec5
    cannugec5 Posts: 415
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I found yesterday, being the last day of the month and when I do my monthly meter read that the app would not accept my reading. I tried numerous times throughout the day. But then I tried on the website instead and it was accepted first time. 
    I have to admit I wondered if the app not accepting readings was a deliberate ploy to deny readings were submitted… 
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,476
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    you can always submit your reading today, and back date it to 31st july, and it will go through for that date.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback