Changing Dual Energy supplier - any suggestions

I have been with Avro for a couple of years, and to be honest I would have been happy to stay when my current contract ends, but I simply cannot get to speak to anybody to discuss my renewal quote. I have a big credit balance and I want them to apply that credit before calculating my new monthly charge. I am now sick of using so many of my free minutes allowance being stuck on their 'customer services' hotline ie coldline.

So I'm after suggestions for a new supplier. I'm not particularly concerned to save £5 a month if the price of doing that is having useless customer service. Something as simple as a callback facility would make all the difference. Also a track record (not brand new micro-company)/reasonably in line with the cheaper (but not necessarily cheapest) end of the market/good customer service.

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Forumite Posts: 12,432
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You will get more responses in "Energy", not "LPG, Heating Oil, Solid and other fuels".
    You'll find several feedback threads there where people talk about the customer service they've received (or not). The really cheap suppliers generally get the most complaints but no supplier is perfect.

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Forumite Posts: 11,839
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The general school of though is that separate suppliers are cheaper  than dual fuel.

What is there to discuss about renewal quotes ?  Either accept or reject.

I've rarely had to use Customer Services - perhaps because I do monthly reads.   With Zog for gas; waiting till end of Sept re Elec when the GNE /Edf arrangement runs out.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 232K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.7K Life & Family
  • 245.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure