Wayfair problems

We purchased a summerhouse from Wayfair back in February with a delivery date of May. This was moved to July (we were never told why but presumed it was due to the boat stuck in the Suez canal).
When the house arrived on 6th July we opened the parcel and counted all the pieces. The door frames were missing. We reported this to Wayfair and were told we would have them by the 12th July. We started to paint the pieces to protect them from the weather and then noticed that what we thought was the floor was actually the roof. 

On checking the parts list we saw that no floor was included. On the website it lists that the floor is included.
We called back and they told us the floor would be ordered and gave us a new delivery date of 16th July. They offered us 15% discount for the inconvenience.
We were then contacted and told that the floor is not included and it is a mistake on the website. We could return the house if we wanted. We explained that we couldn't as their policy states no refunds if the item has been painted. We had also built it (minus the door) and wired it up for electricity.

Today I had not received any communication from them about the delivery slot of the door frame so I called and was told the supplier had contacted them a couple of days ago and they have none in stock.
We have been told it will be with us next Friday 23rd.

We bought this on finance and have contacted Barclays who say that as we have agreed to wait until next Friday for it to turn up we can't do anything. If it doesn't turn up by then they will start a section 75.

My questions are;
what are our rights now? We have already spent a small fortune on the groundwork for the house and for a load of bar equipment (bar top, chairs, arcade machine, dartboard, lighting etc) to return it- if we even could due to it being drilled through for electrics, painted etc.
Their website still clearly states that the floor is included. have we been mis-sold?
What can we do if the door frames don't arrive next week?
Do we still have to pay for this if it is unusable as it is now? Or can we refuse until it is rectified?
Our first payment is due on the 31st July.
Thanks
Tony

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We purchased a summerhouse from Wayfair back in February with a delivery date of May. This was moved to July (we were never told why but presumed it was due to the boat stuck in the Suez canal).
    When the house arrived on 6th July we opened the parcel and counted all the pieces. The door frames were missing. We reported this to Wayfair and were told we would have them by the 12th July. We started to paint the pieces to protect them from the weather and then noticed that what we thought was the floor was actually the roof. 

On checking the parts list we saw that no floor was included. On the website it lists that the floor is included.
    We called back and they told us the floor would be ordered and gave us a new delivery date of 16th July. They offered us 15% discount for the inconvenience.
    We were then contacted and told that the floor is not included and it is a mistake on the website. We could return the house if we wanted. We explained that we couldn't as their policy states no refunds if the item has been painted. We had also built it (minus the door) and wired it up for electricity.

Today I had not received any communication from them about the delivery slot of the door frame so I called and was told the supplier had contacted them a couple of days ago and they have none in stock.
    We have been told it will be with us next Friday 23rd.

We bought this on finance and have contacted Barclays who say that as we have agreed to wait until next Friday for it to turn up we can't do anything. If it doesn't turn up by then they will start a section 75.

My questions are;
    what are our rights now? We have already spent a small fortune on the groundwork for the house and for a load of bar equipment (bar top, chairs, arcade machine, dartboard, lighting etc) to return it- if we even could due to it being drilled through for electrics, painted etc.
    Their website still clearly states that the floor is included. have we been mis-sold?
    What can we do if the door frames don't arrive next week?
    Do we still have to pay for this if it is unusable as it is now? Or can we refuse until it is rectified?
    Our first payment is due on the 31st July.
    Thanks
    Tony
    The parts in bold are what matter.

It was listed as having a floor, it arrived with no floor, so you contacted them and they told you the floor would be ordered. They then changed their mind about the floor, so under these circumstances, the mistake was theirs, the product is not as described, and you are fully entitled to return it. The fact you started painting it is irrelevant.

As it is painted, they might be better off giving a huge discount to cover paying for a floor.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback