Fully vaccinated holidaymakers WON'T have to quarantine from amber list countries from July 19

Options
Holidaymakers who are fully vaccinated and children will no longer need to quarantine when returning to England from 'amber list' countries after 19 July, in a move which is likely to significantly open up overseas travel in time for the summer holidays.
Read the full story here:

Fully vaccinated holidaymakers WON'T have to quarantine on return from amber list countries after 19 July as Government eases restrictions

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    thats ok when coming back but there are many countries on the amber list that wont let UK visitors in, or require you to quarantine on arrrival
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    photome said:
    thats ok when coming back but there are many countries on the GREEN & amber list that wont let UK visitors in, or require you to quarantine on arrival
    Which always made a mockery out of the U.K. Governments “Green” travel list.  
  • misspenfold
    misspenfold Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What I can’t find is what this means for double vaxxed ppl returning from amber list countries just before. Do they only have to self-isolate until the 19th? If their day 8 jab is due after the 19th do they still need it? 

My partner is returning on the 17th and we were going to pay for test to release but not sure if it’s needed now.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone returning before the 19th has to fully comply with the rules applicable on the date of return, so days 2 and 8 and if you trust the company to issue the results in time then day 5 as well. 
  • LIreland
    Options
    I have read that they are looking to waive the Quarantine Fee or reduce it for people in hardship.  Can anyone advise if this is true, when it will come into effect and what are the criteria to qualify? 
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LIreland said:
    I have read that they are looking to waive the Quarantine Fee or reduce it for people in hardship.  Can anyone advise if this is true, when it will come into effect and what are the criteria to qualify? 
    How can anyone claiming hardship afford an overseas holiday?

• Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    frankie said:
    LIreland said:
    How can anyone claiming hardship afford an overseas holiday?

Not everyone that travels overseas are doing so for a holiday, some travel to see dying parents, medical treatment etc
  • I think there is an interesting bit of wording to be mindful of in the guidelines. It says that the exemption from quarantine is only for travellers who have had an NHS vaccine. 

As said above just because a country is on the amber, or indeed green list it doesn't mean that they are letting visitors from the UK in.

Quite a bit of double checking needed.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LIreland said:
    if they are  only looking into it, then no decisions will have been made as to how it will work.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback