e.on - How do you go about claiming back a credit balance in my account (£250).

I have emailed them at the recommended [email protected] but all they sent me was a copy of my statement showing my credit balance.  Has anyone been able to get a credit balance refunded back to their bank account?  If so what is the best way forward?

Thanks

Comments

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You're likely to get more replies if you post in Energy; this forum is for LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,676
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm sure it's possible if you manage to ask the right question of the right person in E.On customer support. Alternatively ...
    • Do you need the money back right now? If not, you could ask for your mon thly DD to be reduced by say £20/month and you'll run your balance down over the next 12 months.
    • Or, if you've been with E.On for ever, switch to a different supplier and you'll get your credit refunded within 8 weeks.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,922
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As Gerry1 says, you are more likely to get a reply in the "Energy" board, as that is where the Eon rep tends to lurk!
  • John1429
    John1429 Posts: 50
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for replies.  I've transferred post into Energy forum.  This new forum format certainly takes a bit of getting used to....imo!
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,922
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The issue existed on the old format board as well, despite numerous people commenting about it MSE have chosen to retain it on the new format.  That would have been a good opportunity to correct the problem.

You are not the first and certainly wont be the last.  :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback