2»

Comments

• glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    littleboo said:
    littleboo said:
    You need the Digital Voice adapter, which was linked to by unforeseen

I have one.  However, my question to BT was which phone had control of the system.  The phone plugged into the adapter or the phone connected the hub.   The don't know the answer.

Also now discovered that the new digital voice setup does not recognise local numbers.  You have to put the local area code in as well for all calls.
    I would assume that the only phone to benefit from the Truecall would be that phone itself, not the new handsets.

Therefore the other phones would ring if it was a number blocked by truecall but not blocked by BT which is just what i don't want to happen.

Can you set the ring volume on the new phone to zero? That way you only hear the TrueCall phone ring but could pick up the other phone to answer genuine calls.
  • ciderboy2009
    ciderboy2009 Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    I'm not the OP but just thought I'd update this with how my migration to digital voice with a Truecall phone has gone in case anybody comes across this in a search..

My initial plan was to connect the main Truecall phone to the router (they're next to each other) and then register the new digital phones with the Truecall one (rather than the router).

This worked, but the digital phones would ring once whenever the Truecall phone was dealing with a call.

I've therefore re-registered the new digital phones directly with the router and set the ring volume to off (it's easy enough to quickly switch it back on again if I'm out in the garage or in the garden and can't hear the Truecall phone ringing).

All is working a treat :-)
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Update.   Since day 1 where I had 3 "spam" calls there has been no further calls.  There is a part of me wondering if switching on call protect doesn't happen immediately when the phones were switched over but instead happened overnight.   There is no point in asking BT as frankly they are ignorant on what the new system is, does or what the phones do.  They just blame Open Reach for making them install them in the first place.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback