BEWARE OF PRICES ON AMAZON MORRISONS!!!!

Roi_Et
Roi_Et Posts: 1
First Anniversary
edited 25 June 2021 at 4:15AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Having used this service satisfactorily for the last twelve months, I am staggered at the prices now being charged through Amazon compared to the actual prices in store. I don't mind a mark-up for free delivery but the difference in prices are excessive. It just seems something is really wrong here and maybe this is worthy of a Martin investigation?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,270
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Or market forces setting a price on a service that was losing them money .

All the major supermarkets dropped free delivery for that reason. , They have chosen to raise prices on Amazon to offer "free delivery" 

Nothing to investigate
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Martin does nor own nor read the forum .
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Forumite
    If you are better off buying direct from morrisons and having a delivery or collecting then do so. There may be some items more expensive or it could be the algorithm making pricing decisions.
    I've just compared a couple of things on my collection tomorrow and the prices are exactly the same, cheaper actually because the delivery is free with prime and I have to drive 7 miles to collect from the store.
    I actually prefer to pay the premium for delivery because I value my time, but found collecting is easier in case there are OOS items or unwelcome subs.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    JJ_Egan said:
    Martin does nor own nor read the forum .

Are you sure as alot of posters seem to think he does.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,595
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Roi_Et said:
    Having used this service satisfactorily for the last twelve months, I am staggered at the prices now being charged through Amazon compared to the actual prices in store. I don't mind a mark-up for free delivery but the difference in prices are excessive. It just seems something is really wrong here and maybe this is worthy of a Martin investigation?

Why are you buying via Amazon ?

I take its the convenience of getting the goods same day or next day.

Just order via Morrisons, its your money your spending at Amazon, why not save your money and spend it at Morrisons or shop at Aldi/Lidl.
  • Labtec81
    Labtec81 Posts: 65
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Browntoa said:

All the major supermarkets dropped free delivery for that reason. , They have chosen to raise prices on Amazon to offer "free delivery" 

Nothing to investigate
    That's a lie!! It's NOT free delivery on morrisons using Amazon, in fact unless you spend £40 or more they charge £3.99 for delivery... so the prices are far too excessive,  in fact only recently they charged £1.85 for princes chicken in white sauce then £1.90 and now it's £2.05 in a matter of weeks.. and cravendale milk for 2 litres is £2.00 compared to the actual price of £1.65 in store! 
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,205
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Labtec81 said:
    Browntoa said:

Nothing to investigate
    That's a lie!! It's NOT free delivery on morrisons using Amazon, in fact unless you spend £40 or more they charge £3.99 for delivery... so the prices are far too excessive,  in fact only recently they charged £1.85 for princes chicken in white sauce then £1.90 and now it's £2.05 in a matter of weeks.. and cravendale milk for 2 litres is £2.00 compared to the actual price of £1.65 in store! 
    If you do not like the price to not use the service, shopping online for Morrison's items via Amazon is not in any way compulsory. 
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,478
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Only used Amazon / Morrisons a couple of times and was quite surprised that items were exactly the same price
    as the in store shelf price.

I was not expecting the prices to stay the same for long.

Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback