driving licence renewal

Options
I recently renewed my driving licence online...I thought I was on the Government www but unknowingly clicked on one directly beneath the government one. 'driving licence support' - it was identical to the Government one, same print, coloured ink etc...I filled in the form and paid for it with Barclaycard..in seconds I got acknowledgement and it revealed I would be charged £94!!! I thought it a bit steep and showed my son...he said that I was on the wrong one...I cancelled within minutes...they replied 'we note you wish to cancel' and that was it....then 5 hours later another email stating unfortunately your licence has now been processed and you cannot cancel. I replied I didn't want to go ahead and that I cancelled immediately, so why did you process?  I was offered £20 refund (for any misunderstanding)....another offer of £30 refund...and quite a few emails off this company on a similar theme...Fortunately I got on to Barclaycard and filled in a claim form explaining the situation...sent all the emails received etc., and now they've taken up my claim direct to 'driving licence support'. Barclaycard have been positive up to now...fingers crossed I get a refund.
I emailed and informed the DVLA at the same time and they issued me licence straight away.

I will not be caught again!  I'm a pensioner and not that computer savvy - just thought I would share this information to anyone unsuspecting like me!  (or stupid as me!)

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure