Operator changing terms mid contract

hojkoff
hojkoff Posts: 31 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 24 June 2021 at 1:40PM in Mobiles
Is it possible for an mobile operator to change the terms of a contract mid contract.
In light of today's announcements about roaming charges, I'd like to check that if I take a new 12 month contract today with Three (which includes roaming in their Go Roam offering) they cannot suddenly remove this mid way through my contract.
I know the overall price of the contract can increase with inflation, but can they adjust the actual offerings of the contract?

Comments

• callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    hojkoff said:
    Is it possible for an mobile operator to change the terms of a contract mid contract.
    In light of today's announcements about roaming charges, I'd like to check that if I take a new 12 month contract today with Three (which includes roaming in their Go Roam offering) they cannot suddenly remove this mid way through my contract.
    I know the overall price of the contract can increase with inflation, but can they adjust the actual offerings of the contract?
    The contract allows them to reduce the fair use limit (which they're already going to do from next month I believe).

Any removal of roaming would presumably only apply to new/upgrading customers like EE have announced (or they'd let you leave penalty free).

• hojkoff
    hojkoff Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 June 2021 at 2:01PM
    The contract allows them to reduce the fair use limit (which they're already going to do from next month I believe).
    Have you got a link to this? I wasn't aware of it.
    Also, is this fair usage in general, or fair usage when roaming?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback