Mobile tariffs that include Jersey

Hi All
I am looking for a mobile provider in the UK that either includes Jersey, Channel Islands within their free minutes and free texts, or has some kind of add on so that I can call and text Jersey.
I need to be in touch with in laws regularly and using wifi to call them isn't an option.
I would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks
Lel

Comments

• tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Is the solution

a) for you to use WhatsApp or similar (using your mobile data, as you've said wifi isn't possible)
    b) get a contract with Sure of one of the other Jersey networks that includes UK as part of their roaming and then use that over here (as a part of a dual sim arrangment)
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 June 2021 at 6:05PM
    You could use a VOIP provider like Sipgate Basic which would cost you 1.18p per minute. You can set it up on most Android phones or you can run it on a PC.

https://www.sipgatebasic.co.uk/

You can make and receive calls which show as a STD 01xx landline.
    ====
  • pbartlett
    pbartlett Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    i would recommend whatsapp as above - you can call, video call, send photos and videos with no charge
  • lel123
    lel123 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone for your help. In laws in Jersey don’t have WiFi or smart phones so can’t WhatsApp. 
    I’ve got a jersey SIM card but as soon as I use it in the UK I have to pay roaming charges to call Jersey. What a pain 🤦‍♀️
    But thanks for your ideas 😊
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    @lel123 At least some of the Jersey tariffs include an amount of minutes from the UK within them
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback