Vanguard LifeStrategy® 60% Equity Fund - Accumulation

Options
2»

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    personally i like the lifestrategy funds. they are simple, they will always ensure the relevant split is maintained (60% shares and 40% bonds in this example), and reasonable charges too.
    It's all about opinions really, but all of the global multi-asset funds highlighted earlier are simple buy-and-forget products, so that's not a differentiator for VLS.  Its static allocation model differs from some of the others that are risk-targeted, i.e. to aim to maintain a consistent level of risk instead of being bound by a specific percentage of equities versus bonds, but each is a valid approach so it's not a case of right or wrong.  The VLS charges are reasonable but certainly not the lowest....
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Albermarle - What is your current pension provision and age ?

50 y/o Civil Servant with 30+ years in Civil Service Pension
    There is no need for me to give any details as I am not asking any questions .  :)

In your case your answer has probably clarified that investing in a pension is not the same priority for you, as it would be for other people, who are not long term members in generous public sector DB schemes .

However making your investment via a DC pension scheme would still be more tax efficient than investing outside a pension scheme. Many pensions offer the ability to invest in Vanguard LS funds or their equivalents. 
  • No sorry Albermarle I was quoting your original question to me when I typed the "Albermarle - What is your current pension provision and age ?" so that you knew what I was replying about :-)
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No sorry Albermarle I was quoting your original question to me when I typed the "Albermarle - What is your current pension provision and age ?" so that you knew what I was replying about :-)
    MIsunderstanding  :smiley:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure