Ebay feedback page

Options
glen_bel
glen_bel Posts: 19 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
What is going on with the ebay feedback page? I can't get onto the page to leave feedback or search for sold items that I have a query with? Anyone else?
Edit: So I have had to change back to classic view, and then select payments and from payments select feedback. Why?

Comments

• Rantband
    Rantband Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you are referring to Ebay click on My eBay and then purchase history.
  • glen_bel
    Options
    Rantband said:

Thanks but there's nothing for feeback from that page.

• jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    glen_bel said:
    Rantband said:

Are you sure?
    If I go here My eBay - Purchase history
    Then click more actions, the first action on the list is leave feedback.

As a seller I go here Manage all orders — eBay Seller Hub and click on the drop down and the top option is leave feedback.

Or from the selling page in the feedback pane Overview - eBay Seller Hub
    I can click leave feedback that takes me here Leave Feedback (ebay.co.uk)
  • glen_bel
    edited 11 June 2021 at 11:06AM
    Options
    jon81uk said:
    glen_bel said:
    Rantband said:

Are you sure?

As a seller I go here Manage all orders — eBay Seller Hub and click on the drop down and the top option is leave feedback.

There's probably nothing for me on the purchase history because I am not really a buyer.
    Up until 2 days ago I could go to Account-feedback and that displayed all my items that are awaiting feedback, now it just takes me to my feedback profile that shows all the feedback I have received but from there I can't leave feedback only reply to feedback already left by buyers.
    If I go to seller hub and All orders the dropdown gives me an option for Paid - awaiting your feedback
    I leave feedback when I receive it so I know everything is ok but I can't do that now
    Its very bizarre, I have been leaving and receiving feedback for years and now its up the left, its probably me but why now?

• jon81uk
    Options
    glen_bel said:
    jon81uk said:
    glen_bel said:
    Rantband said:

Are you sure?

There's probably nothing for me on the purchase history because I am not really a buyer.
    Up until 2 days ago I could go to Account-feedback and that displayed all my items that are awaiting feedback, now it just takes me to my feedback profile that shows all the feedback I have received but from there I can't leave feedback only reply to feedback already left by buyers.
    If I go to seller hub and All orders the dropdown gives me an option for Paid - awaiting your feedback
    I leave feedback when I receive it so I know everything is ok but I can't do that now
    Its very bizarre, I have been leaving and receiving feedback for years and now its up the left, its probably me but why now?

So if it shows as paid awaiting feedback, just wait a bit longer for the buyer to leave feedback and then give them feedback?

• glen_bel
    Options
    jon81uk said:
    glen_bel said:
    jon81uk said:
    glen_bel said:
    Rantband said:

Are you sure?

So if it shows as paid awaiting feedback, just wait a bit longer for the buyer to leave feedback and then give them feedback?

Well yes I'll have to do that but it is such a dramatic change overnight. I'll just have to get used to it.
  • jon81uk
    Options
    glen_bel said:
    jon81uk said:
    glen_bel said:
    jon81uk said:
    glen_bel said:
    Rantband said:

Are you sure?

Well yes I'll have to do that but it is such a dramatic change overnight. I'll just have to get used to it.
    Okay, sorry I haven't actually noticed a change myself. I can still see whats sold on My eBay orders and can see which buyers have left feedback from the orders page.

Although I manage most of my eBay stuff on the app.
  • SidJ
    SidJ Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No announcement has been made as to removing a very useful and handy page to view all outstanding and received feedback in a single view. Opinion is it's a glitch. After all why would eBay make life less convenient for sellers. Mind you this is eBay we are talking about...

• freddy33
    freddy33 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I sold an item on eBay on the evening of 3rd of August. Here are extracts from two e-mails which I received from eBay after the sale:

‘Your eBay item sold. Dispatch your item as soon as you’ve been paid. Great news, your item sold. Now it’s time to get it ready….your buyer hasn’t paid yet, so hold onto the item until you receive payment.’

Within the hour, eBay’s next e-mail to me was:

‘Good news, your item has been paid for. Your buyer has confirmed the payment of £// +£/postage. It’s time to pack up your item and post it off. Make sure you send it within 1 day, the dispatch option you selected in your listing. Payouts of available funds are initiated within 2 working days of order confirmation. Once eBay initiates a payout, funds will be available in your bank account per normal bank processing times.’

I immediately wrote an e-mail to the buyer via eBay’s Seller/ Buyer message board, to assure him that I would dispatch the item as soon as I had received the paymentin my bank account.

( In fact, I decided to dispatch the item on the 4th., because my complaint was not against the buyer, but was with eBay. I didn’t inform eBay about this, and I only told the buyer via the Seller/ Buyer message board on the 5th that delivery would probably be made that day; and it was.) 

Early on the 5th I received an e-mail from eBay which stated:

'Your payout is on its way to your bank account....available in your account in 0 - 4 working days.'

I replied to that e-mail as follows:

'When payment is credited to my bank account is when I dispatch or hand over items sold.'

I decided to write a complaint to ‘support@ebay.co.uk':

‘Please advise when eBay adopted the new procedure of keeping sellers' funds, by up to 4 working days? Delays in receiving payments for up to 4 working days was precisely why I closed my PayPal account which I had initiated through eBay years ago. I think I closed my PayPal account at least 10 years ago, after electronic banking had became the norm in the U.K.

The glib phrases that eBay used in their e-mails above don’t count for much; for example, ‘Has paid for/ payments of funds are initiated within 2 working days/ will be available per normal bank processing times/ your payment is on its way/ available in your account in 0 - 4 working days.’   The only message I need to receive would be something along the lines of, ‘£xyz have been paid into your account.’

In my e-mail I made one further complaint, and that was about what I consider to be discourteous messages from eBay: 

It’s time to…/Dispatch your item as soon as soon as you’ve been paid / Make sure you send it within 1 day.’ 

‘If one is instructing or asking someone to do something, the word 'please' is usually used in this part of the world.

I received the funds ( less a 13.3% fee ) on the afternoon of the 5th., from ‘Adayen. N.V.’ I have not received any response from eBay to my complaint e-mail as of this afternoon, 11th August.

• jon81uk
    Options
    freddy33 said:

I sold an item on eBay on the evening of 3rd of August. Here are extracts from two e-mails which I received from eBay after the sale:

‘Your eBay item sold. Dispatch your item as soon as you’ve been paid. Great news, your item sold. Now it’s time to get it ready….your buyer hasn’t paid yet, so hold onto the item until you receive payment.’

Within the hour, eBay’s next e-mail to me was:

‘Good news, your item has been paid for. Your buyer has confirmed the payment of £// +£/postage. It’s time to pack up your item and post it off. Make sure you send it within 1 day, the dispatch option you selected in your listing. Payouts of available funds are initiated within 2 working days of order confirmation. Once eBay initiates a payout, funds will be available in your bank account per normal bank processing times.’

I immediately wrote an e-mail to the buyer via eBay’s Seller/ Buyer message board, to assure him that I would dispatch the item as soon as I had received the paymentin my bank account.

( In fact, I decided to dispatch the item on the 4th., because my complaint was not against the buyer, but was with eBay. I didn’t inform eBay about this, and I only told the buyer via the Seller/ Buyer message board on the 5th that delivery would probably be made that day; and it was.) 

Early on the 5th I received an e-mail from eBay which stated:

'Your payout is on its way to your bank account....available in your account in 0 - 4 working days.'

I replied to that e-mail as follows:

'When payment is credited to my bank account is when I dispatch or hand over items sold.'

I decided to write a complaint to ‘support@ebay.co.uk':

‘Please advise when eBay adopted the new procedure of keeping sellers' funds, by up to 4 working days? Delays in receiving payments for up to 4 working days was precisely why I closed my PayPal account which I had initiated through eBay years ago. I think I closed my PayPal account at least 10 years ago, after electronic banking had became the norm in the U.K.

The glib phrases that eBay used in their e-mails above don’t count for much; for example, ‘Has paid for/ payments of funds are initiated within 2 working days/ will be available per normal bank processing times/ your payment is on its way/ available in your account in 0 - 4 working days.’   The only message I need to receive would be something along the lines of, ‘£xyz have been paid into your account.’

In my e-mail I made one further complaint, and that was about what I consider to be discourteous messages from eBay: 

It’s time to…/Dispatch your item as soon as soon as you’ve been paid / Make sure you send it within 1 day.’ 

‘If one is instructing or asking someone to do something, the word 'please' is usually used in this part of the world.

I received the funds ( less a 13.3% fee ) on the afternoon of the 5th., from ‘Adayen. N.V.’ I have not received any response from eBay to my complaint e-mail as of this afternoon, 11th August.

The 0-4 days is dependant on YOUR bank accepting the transfer from Adyen, has nothing to do with eBay/Adyen sitting on the funds. Once the message goes to state payout has been sent it has been sent out to your bank. But they are using BACs not Faster Payments I think so acceptance by your bank may not be instant, but is usually within a few hours.

The initial two working days is because that's how long it takes for banks/visa/mastercard/amex to send card payments. It sits as pending for a day before it gets sent usually.

The email stating "make sure you send it in 1 day" is because that's what YOU set the despatch time to, you can change that (mine is on three day despatch). If you want more than three days you need to use the advance listing form.

Complaining won't change anything.

But I sold an item on a Saturday afternoon and got funds in my account Tuesday at 11am so less than two working days. I'm happy with that timescale for payment processing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback