DWP RFD

Options
Hello, I have got just an unexpected payment of 63 £ from dwp. In my bank statement, it is saying:  my NINO and then DWP RFD.  Do someone has an idea what it could be? Got someone the same kind of payment? RFD could mean maybe refund or reason for decision? I am on universal credit and didnt apply for anything else, so really not sure what it could be... Probably I will give them call later as I am curious :) Thanks.

Comments

• NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you have had a refund for an underpayment on UC, there should be a note in your journal on your online account advising you of the amount and reasons.
  • ink9955
    Options
    There is nothing in my UC journal at all. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ring them up and they should clarify. 
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    On your UC claim, if there is no letter in your journal, have a look at the payments section statements showing on your claim.  Do the statements show an amount, different to what they originally credited to your Bank on the original payment date ?
    If UC issues an underpayment refund, they normally update the statements on the claim.

The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    huckster said:
    On your UC claim, if there is no letter in your journal, have a look at the payments section statements showing on your claim.  Do the statements show an amount, different to what they originally credited to your Bank on the original payment date ?
    If UC issues an underpayment refund, they normally update the statements on the claim.
    Not very intuitive for the claimant is it!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback