NATIONWIDE BUILDING SOCIETY-MEMBERS FIXES RATE ISA ISSUES.

Comments

• I suppose my distrust comes from reading and listening to Paul Craig Robert’s of The Institute For Political Economy and a former editor of Wall Street Journal, and well-known author of many books.  He predicted the 2007/08 collapse because he saw that coming, I’m sure we will all be fine,  don’t all bother jumping on me for this, you have your beliefs and I, rightly or wrongly have mine and you’re right I do need a holiday in the European sun - don’t we all. 
  • MSE_Emily
    MSE_Emily Posts: 180 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post

Thousands of savers hoping to transfer to Nationwide's 'Member Exclusive Fixed Rate ISA' are facing delays, with some waiting as long as three months. It comes after the building society was inundated with requests for the new account, which was a MoneySavingExpert.com best buy at the time of its launch in March...
    Read the full story:

Nationwide hit by ISA backlog leaving some waiting months for savings to be transferred

• Flydrive
    Flydrive Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My husband and I made almost identical applications, sent together, to transfer our ISA's on 14th April, whilst mine went through relatively promptly, my husbands Isa, despite confirmation the money was transferred on 19th April, seems to have disappeared into the 'abyss'. while I am not unduly worried ( my interest was indeed paid from my old ISA maturity date) it does show gross mismanagement planning! I wonder if the promised £50 will arrive by 30th June!!!!
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I’m still waiting since early April. So if it eventually gets processed I will have got 0.75% plus the 0.5% the funds are getting in the transferring bs isa, so 1.25% plus a £50 bonus.

Take your time, take your time ;)

• bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm also still waiting since early April, money is still in the existing ISA. I'm starting to wonder if they will pay the £50 bonus at the end of month before they even start the ISA transfer.

• I'm also still waiting since early April, money is still in the existing ISA. I'm starting to wonder if they will pay the £50 bonus at the end of month before they even start the ISA transfer.

I have managed to resolved this myself and now have my certificate and confirmation that the £50 bonus will be paid 30/06/21 hope this helps. 

• I applied in  March 2021 for my fixed member ISA.  My transfer from old provider is an easy cash ISA available instantly.  Nationwide have just received it and decided to just put it into their Instant ISA paying 0.05% and there it shows on my online accounts and has sat there for over a week and not a word from NW informing me and no explaination.  Does it get any worse?  On phoning them to ask what on earth is happening.  I am told 'oh don't worry we put it in an instant account then move it to the fixed account and its backdated'. This is not true they have the whole amount in one, they have already previously supplied an account number for my 18month fixed account on the letter to say they had applied for it from my old provider. I told them i think if i had not had phoned to tell them, it would have just stayed in that instant account.  I think they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.   I know this not to be true as my friend who applied at the same time the amount transfered went straight into the fixed account. Has anyone else experienced the same/similar situation please?
  • 2nd August and still waiting ...
    No transfer. No bonus.
    Applied way back in early April (letter of confirmation received). Had to update the details I'd given them, but all done by me 21st April.
    Not heard anything by 21st May, so spoke to them but they were very elusive and cagey to say the least, but told me everything was in hand. Not heard anything since.
    Whatever happened to customer service.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure