Next tax efficient investment

Options
I am wondering where to invest next after contributing the maximum to my pension within annual allowance and to ISA allowance. 
Is there any other tax-free investments out there ? Or maybe some investment that might be tax efficient to some degree in the long run ? Maybe one that gives returns within capital gain allowance ? 
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unwrapped can be tax efficient.  As can offshore bonds and onshore bonds in the right scenarios.  VCTs, EIS.   It really depends on your circumstances and objectives what the actual pecking order will be.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • davidexmachina
    Options
    Do you have any pension carryover from the past 3 tax years that you could be using?

Or do you have a partner that has further pension/ISA headroom you could contribute to on their behalf?

Or, assuming you are employed, does your employer have any tax efficient share schemes you could get the benefit of (I'm currently paying £650/month into 2 such arrangements with my own employer, so it's not peanuts)?
  • mn1
    mn1 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you have any pension carryover from the past 3 tax years that you could be using?

Or do you have a partner that has further pension/ISA headroom you could contribute to on their behalf?

Or, assuming you are employed, does your employer have any tax efficient share schemes you could get the benefit of (I'm currently paying £650/month into 2 such arrangements with my own employer, so it's not peanuts)?
    I am near the limit of my annual allowance every year, I was also advised not to contribute more into my pension as I am likely to hit life time allowance at the current rate in few years, I am 42 y/o
    We use my partner's and my ISA allowance
  • kuratowski
    kuratowski Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    If you have used up all pension and ISA allowances for both of you then you can still save quite a lot in a GIA (general investment account) and utilise the dividend allowances (£2k each for you and your partner) and CGT annual exemptions (£12k each for you and your partner).  If you each move £20k worth of investments from your GIA into the S&S ISAs every year (bed and ISA) it is possible to reach quite high amounts without ever paying any CGT.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback