Is 'wowcamera' a legit site?

Options
I need a new phone ASAP as my old pixel 3 has now died a death, I am saving the pennies though and this is the cheapest I could find the Pixel wowcamera.com/google-pixel-5-5g-128gb-8gb-ram-single-sim-unlocked-for-all-uk-networks--just-black.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwy42FBhB2EiwAJY0yQj6maWlSweKM71bWHoiL97I6FRYCF-0-fCSrjvLQmxn6mTju01QdcRoCk5QQAvD_BwE

Is the site legit? never heard of it. 

Comments

• sully1311
    sully1311 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's on trustpilot, topcashback and Quidco....
    Use a credit card for peace of mind.
  • oldagetraveller1
    Options
    Is this sneaky spam? Sorry Blackout if it isn't!
  • tallmansix
    tallmansix Posts: 1,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I need a new phone ASAP as my old pixel 3 has now died a death, I am saving the pennies though and this is the cheapest I could find the Pixel wowcamera.com/google-pixel-5-5g-128gb-8gb-ram-single-sim-unlocked-for-all-uk-networks--just-black.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwy42FBhB2EiwAJY0yQj6maWlSweKM71bWHoiL97I6FRYCF-0-fCSrjvLQmxn6mTju01QdcRoCk5QQAvD_BwE

Is the site legit? never heard of it. 
    I think you just need to be opened eyed to a few things I've gathered from the review sites. 

1. The product might not be shipped from the UK and could be from Europe meaning longer delivery and more difficult for the returns.
    2. The company is not a UK company, some people saying it is Hong Kong based but trading in Europe.
    3. Some people claimed they got "grey imports" ie products not originally destined for UK market.

Hard to say, I do get worried when just one company is showing a product at such a low price compared to others. As said above, using a credit card for the purchase is probably the best thing to get your Section 75 protection.

YNAB enthusiast and extreme coupon-er.
    Discounts, coupons and cashback:
    2019 = £1,443.52
    2020 = £1,191,76
  • Blackout05
    Blackout05 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is this sneaky spam? Sorry Blackout if it isn't!

No, I would probably use a different product if it was spam as no one seems to like the pixel other than me 😂

I will probably end up just splashing out and getting it full price from play store, as someone else says, this site looks like it’s not UK based and I get chronic anxiety about things going wrong, 
  • oh_really
    oh_really Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Bought a couple of phones from them.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can get the same phone from Three for £559 (the price adjusts in the basket) should you prefer to play safe. Includes a £10 add on but comes unlocked. 
  • downwithpcn
    Options
    I purchased an LG 5G phone from them.
    On their website, it says open to all UK networks.
    They sent the phone but it wasn't compatible with the UK network.
    LG confirmed that the phone is not a UK phone.
    So be careful, they might send you something which is not compatible here.
    Also, their base is in Hong Kong and it would impossible to implement UK laws.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    Some folk on hotukdeals are having success obtaining a Pixel 6 from Vodafone for £440, 160 quid discount on Google price. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/save-ps158-on-google-pixel-6-128gb-free-google-stadia-worth-ps6999-ps441-at-vodafone-in-store-3816689#thread-comments
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback