PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

TA6 Notices

Options
The TA6 form states "Is the seller aware of any proposals to develop property or land nearby, or of any proposals to make alterations to buildings nearby? If Yes, please give details"

Our neighbour was granted planning permission for a new dwelling in the garden in 2018. Planning has now lapsed. Assuming this still needs to be mentioned as we received a letter about it and I objected (not that it did any good)?

Comments

• user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say that's no longer a proposal, given they'd need a fresh planning application if they wanted to go ahead.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    user1977 said:
    I would say that's no longer a proposal, given they'd need a fresh planning application if they wanted to go ahead.
    I'd agree. This must relate to current proposals, or else where would be the temporal cut off point?

• Mizydoscape
    Mizydoscape Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh interesting ok thanks! Hopefully he doesn't apply again before exchange then!
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Would you know that planning has lapsed? The requirement is to make a material start on the work within 3 years. I guess you would know if the foundations had been dug?

It would be prudent to check the planning portal, in case a renewal application was made. That would usually give the applicants an extra 5 years. I don’t know what your local authority does, but they may well not consult on renewal applications, so it may have gone through without your knowing. 

A whole new dwelling next door is a major development, and you need to be 100% sure if you choose not to mention it. I’m surprised that you are seeking advice on a forum like this on such an important issue. 

No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 18 May 2021 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Oooh interesting ok thanks! Hopefully he doesn't apply again before exchange then!
    As GBD says, it's important your knowledge and what you've told us is up to date, not simply what you've  assumed from work not starting.

• Mizydoscape
    Options
    Obviously I'll speak to my solicitor about this as well.

The work has not begun, the site has not changed (still garden) and I have checked the local planning portal.

The neighbour's property is advertised for auction at the end of July and the particulars state "House with lapsed planning". 

I am happy to mention it in the TA6 form if required. My estate agent is also aware so I've made no attempt to hide this. It is what it is.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Obviously I'll speak to my solicitor about this as well.

The work has not begun, the site has not changed (still garden) and I have checked the local planning portal.

The neighbour's property is advertised for auction at the end of July and the particulars state "House with lapsed planning". 

I am happy to mention it in the TA6 form if required. My estate agent is also aware so I've made no attempt to hide this. It is what it is.
    Would you mind posting again once you have spoken to your solicitor, please?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • JJR45
    JJR45 Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why not mention it but state it is lapsed?
    If next door is going up for auction stating it, you don't really have much choice about acknowledging it.
  • Mizydoscape
    Options
    @GDB2222 you asked me to update once we were at the stage of checking with solicitors and they have advised to mention it on the form as lapsed so we will do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback