Sort code 30-60-91 which bank?

Options
Hello,
Does anyone know which bank and town the 30-60-91 sort code related to, it’s probably a closed branch by now. Possibilities are Cheltenham & Gloucester, TSB or Lloyd’s TSB, can anyone confirm which one please?

Comments

• dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    30-91-60 is Lloyds Canterbury, sure you don't mean that one?
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 17 May 2021 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Hello,
    Does anyone know which bank and town the 30-60-91 sort code related to, it’s probably a closed branch by now. Possibilities are Cheltenham & Gloucester, TSB or Lloyd’s TSB, can anyone confirm which one please?
    The BACS, Faster Payments and sortcodes.co.uk sort code checkers all say that 30-60-91 sort code doesn't exist, so it must be an obsolete one.  😕 Codes beginning with 30 are Lloyds or TSB, but you might not be able to get further than that, if it ever existed.
  • BubblesOFun
    BubblesOFun Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Yes I saw that online too, thanks. I thought someone with an old account or a good memory may know? Or  how to get a list of closed branch sort codes?
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes I saw that online too, thanks. I thought someone with an old account or a good memory may know? Or  how to get a list of closed branch sort codes?
    Sort codes don't normally change just because the branch has closed.  The bank just moves the business to a different branch, and that different branch then has multiple sort codes attached to it.  Sometimes the bank doesn't bother to update the address in the clearing system, so the sort code checker may still show the closed branch's address.
    However, if the sort code checker says that the sort code doesn't exist, then it doesn't exist.  If it ever did exist then it's been replaced and any business done through that sort code is now using a different sort code instead.  
  • BubblesOFun
    First Post
    Options
    I see, thanks Earthboy for the info. I will try the banks directly , they may be able to help.
    In the mean time if anyone else knows please leave a message.

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello,
    Where have you got this number from, and why do you need to know?
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Lloyds don't appear to publish modulus weighting data for codes between 30-60-38 and 30-61-50 but I see that even without modulus checks, there are valid sortcodes in the range, for example 30-60-49 & 30-60-52 are Lloyds Isle of Man sort codes.  30-60-91 is returning non-existent for me, 30-60-97, the closest to the one in question, shows as "Andover PCA" (PCA - Personal Current Account, Private Client Accounts, Personal Credit A...???).  

The lack of modulus data suggests one of three things to me: (a) it's a code that's never been in use, (b) its a code that may have been in use but is no longer in use and has the modulus data deregistered or (c) is/was some form of internal or clearing sortcode where they don't want account numbers mathematically checked for existence.  
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It could have been for an agency bank (eg UK branch of a foreign bank) which has subsequently closed. These are sponsored into BACS by a clearer and on the face of it the sort code can be confused with that of the sponsor. 
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • flo22
    flo22 Posts: 344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've have a 2017 copy of sort codes and it's not on that list 
    30+ years working in banking
  • BubblesOFun
    First Post
    Options
    thank you all for your help, it’s much appreciated and has given me ideas of which paths to take to carry on looking into  this. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback