IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter from Direct Collection Bailiffs Limited

I am new to this site. There are a lot of comments stating 'refer to Newbies'. I am a bit confused as to where to navigate to 'Newbies'.
I received a letter from DCBL titled "Notice of Debt Recovery" for £130 for a £30 PCN in October 2017. Whenever I receive these fines, I normally appeal to Popla but I can't seem to find any record of my appeal and this is the first notification since 2017 when I received a standard reply from British Parking that my appeal had been turned down. Has anyone got any advice? The letter says I have 14 days to either pay or call to discuss. It says 'This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action however should you fail to contact us then we will recommend to our client the commencement of legal action against you. 

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    One click back and you will see five announcements - one of them is called NEWBIE please read this first.  That's the one you want.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, read the Newbies thread but also read this

DCBL letters ... forum group thread
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6237177/dcbl-letters-forum-group-thread#latest

DCBL ARE SCAMMING YOU WITH FAKE AMOUNTS ?
    You ignore these daft 14 day letters.    Read all about DCBL, all their rubbish is the same

This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action however should you fail to contact us then we will recommend to our client the commencement of legal action against you.

Stupid scary letter ..... of course it's not subject to High Court or Bailiff action.   As you will see, if they send a 30 day letter before claim then come back here.  Right now you ignore .... DO NOT CONTACT DCBL unless you want to talk to bullies

Who is the parking company ???
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    DCB Limited are debt collectors and can be ignored - please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, fourth post, to learn about debt collectors. That's not to say they won't eventually move this on to DCB Legal who will issue a formal Letter Before Claim, which then cannot be ignored as they will have started on the road to a court claim. If you receive a LBC, then read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, second post, which guides you through from that point to the actual court hearing, should it get that far. 

Have you complained to the car park landowner and asked them to intervene to get this cancelled?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2021 at 12:56AM
    I'm not providing a link to the NEWBIES thread because you seem to have missed it on page one when you clicked 'new thread' and also because my signature below every post I make already tells people where it is, as long as you are not reading the forum on a phone.

Anyway this person has provided some good advice and saves us endless replies and repetition on these DCBL threads:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/78336340/#Comment_78336340

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback