Virgo In Pursuit

Comments

• anjyeah
    anjyeah Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper

I enjoy weekday self-care! I just love it that you guys are into self-care too. One of the best things to come out of shift work - off peak prices. I am keeping myself in check so thank you for reminding me. And speaking of self-care - that would be the focus this week. 

Work has been demanding these past two weeks (covering for those on leave on top of my usual day-to-day) and booked shifts that took some of my days off that I can see the dip in my self-care goals. I have a habit tracker and I can see I few spaces on some of my intended habits. 

Anyhow - I am redirecting my attention on that. I have read through the Couch to 5K challenge and I’m aiming to try a few runs this week. It’s not just a cost efficient habit but also an aim for my projected weight loss and health goal too. 

My Debt Free Diary: Virgo In Pursuit
    Debt-Busting Progress: 2020: £13,200 | 2020: £9,200 | 2021: £4,900 
    2022: ongoing 

• FootyFanDan
    FootyFanDan Posts: 1,368 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Well done on getting under 9k! That must be such a boost for you, you seem to be doing really well. Good luck with the couch to 5k, this has been on my list of to do's that never happens! I really need to get back into running.
  • anjyeah
    Well done on getting under 9k! That must be such a boost for you, you seem to be doing really well. Good luck with the couch to 5k, this has been on my list of to do's that never happens! I really need to get back into running.
    Thanks! It is actually. I've never been more obsessed on saving a few and then put it towards overpaying. I should say the same about running too. 

I felt like a fraud yesterday - I tried to go for a run but I only ended up downloading the app and looking at the weekly paces.
    All that motivation and energy that I had the day before gone out of the window. In my despair, I ended up ordering some treats (items and takeaway) only to realise that CC1 was still attached to it. I'm going to repay that with debit by the end of the week and have already deleted the card from the apps. Here I thought actually hiding the cards help - I forgot that I had it saved! 

• MissRikkiC
    MissRikkiC Posts: 1,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Morning. I’m big into running and wanted to hopefully remotivate you prior to stating couch to 5k. 

If you can spare yourself 20 minutes today, head out and complete 20 minutes of walk/running. Nothing set in stone around pace or how long of each but judge by what you feel is exercise. Brisk maybe If you’re a beginner or out of practice.

Ps. I LOVE habit trackers and bulley journaling just havent got a creative flair. I’d honestly pay for someone to make me a pretty journal! 
    Here i am again.... Older but not any wiser!

My Debt Free Diary - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6275380/pay-for-the-future-and-not-the-past#latest
  • anjyeah
    Morning. I’m big into running and wanted to hopefully remotivate you prior to stating couch to 5k. 

If you can spare yourself 20 minutes today, head out and complete 20 minutes of walk/running. Nothing set in stone around pace or how long of each but judge by what you feel is exercise. Brisk maybe If you’re a beginner or out of practice.

Ps. I LOVE habit trackers and bulley journaling just havent got a creative flair. I’d honestly pay for someone to make me a pretty journal! 
    I will try and do that, thanks for the advice! Getting out of the door and actually doing it was kind of a big deal for me, lots of thoughts in my mind. I will try that before I do something big and overthink again. 

You should try it! I've only done it for more than a year and I've been hooked ever since. I don't have a creative flair either so I don't think I can monetise it for you just yet (lol side hustle alert) I just put it down in a layout that works for me - there are loads of minimal bullet journal ideas out there. 

• Legs21
    Legs21 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I loved C25K when I did it, and getting out of the door is the hardest part. Whenever I was umming and ahhing about doing it I just used to repeat in my head “don’t think about it, just do it” whilst getting up off my backside, getting my running gear on and getting out there. I do that with a lot of tasks if I find I’m putting them off or procrastinating.

Only you are stopping you from doing it. Don’t think about it, just do it 😉
    MFW 2022 #71  £4400/£4400
  • MissRikkiC
    Legs21 said:
    I loved C25K when I did it, and getting out of the door is the hardest part. Whenever I was umming and ahhing about doing it I just used to repeat in my head “don’t think about it, just do it” whilst getting up off my backside, getting my running gear on and getting out there. I do that with a lot of tasks if I find I’m putting them off or procrastinating.

Only you are stopping you from doing it. Don’t think about it, just do it 😉
    This is what I call ‘autopiloting my way out of the door’ 

My Debt Free Diary - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6275380/pay-for-the-future-and-not-the-past#latest
  • anjyeah

Thanks @Legs21 and @MissRikkiC - I am definitely doing a lot of thinking rather than doing. I'm getting on the doing part, I swear. 

I have made up for my high spend days by doing some sensible food shops, made food for work rather than buying, public transport rather than cabs to work. Money from the last overtime came in as well and was balance towards overpaying and savings. After that accidental CC charge from online shopping and takeaway, I don't think I deserve a cut for my fun fund. It's okay for now. 

I have a week’s leave allocated next week and was meant to do two extra shifts. Turned one down and will just focus on rest this time. Work has been exhausting lately and if I don’t relax on the time off I need, I might be headed for burn out. So self-care it is! 

• anjyeah
    This is going to be a question rather than an update:

What do you guys do with the income out of challenges? I have not officially signed up on here but I have done my own Sealed Pot and Virtual Sealed Pot for my self. The Sealed Pot has my gifted money and extra cash that I happen to find at the end of the week. I don’t take cash with me so that’s a conscious thing to do sometimes. Virtual Sealed Pot amounts come from my lucky dip wins (£5 the most), online resells, round up amounts etc. 

The challenge really was started to boost my savings pot by hiding away what could've been little spends , but since I've been reasonably "responsible" in my overpayments and directs debts - I was thinking if I should start allocating those pots for other spends: Needs, Wants/Fun/Holidays, Christmas Presents, etc. 

It was mentioned on here previously that I should look on my previous spending history to see where I can prepare funds for. So I guess I should start with that. 

• MissRikkiC
    Morning :) 

Happy Monday. 

I would side line it into a Christmas pot myself if you have already been sensibly making good payments elsewhere. Christmas always bites me on the bum and will do so even more this year now my daughter is a little older so I’ve started putting a little away to there. If I can reasonably afford to pay extra on my credit card this month and put money aside for leisure aka the pub then I’ll be increasing my Christmas spends pot too with what I have got left. 

That’s said if you drive your own car and haven’t got an emergency fund then maybe to that instead (sorry I know not as fun)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback