Cant find a 300 Depth Base Unit?

Help please. I have had a little utility room built off my kitchen and I am looking for a 300 depth x 1000 width Base unit cupboard but I cant seem to find one anywhere? 

Comments

• maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,059
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Forumite
    Use a wall unit and add feet, get a local cabinet maker to make you a bespoke one or build one yourself. The cheapest & lowest quality will be an off the shelf wall unit but as it's a utility it will probably be fine.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,469
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    No need to find one, depth of the sides can be reduced with a circular saw.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Even wall units are usually about 40cm deep.
    I think you'll have to DIY - cut a deeper unit or play with shelf units and doors.
  • Okydoky25
    Okydoky25 Posts: 1,139
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Use a wall unit and add feet, get a local cabinet maker to make you a bespoke one or build one yourself. The cheapest & lowest quality will be an off the shelf wall unit but as it's a utility it will probably be fine.
    I don't know why I haven't thought about doing that! Thank you. 
  • Okydoky25
    Forumite
    Clever people in my PC is there such a thing as a unit for a washing machine and Tumble dryer. Freestanding. Basically so that I can put a worktop on it or is this a DIY jobby to? 
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 May 2021 at 9:02AM
    Freestanding appliances (and even semi-built-it) don't need a unit. They just stand between the units under the worktop. A DIY job again. Can't you fix a worktop to the side walls of the room?

• maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,059
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Forumite
    Okydoky25 said:
    Clever people in my PC is there such a thing as a unit for a washing machine and Tumble dryer. Freestanding. Basically so that I can put a worktop on it or is this a DIY jobby to? 
    There are specific housing units, a bit like a base unit but without the floor, if the appliance is next to another base unit  or wall you can get an end panel for the other side and fix a few  strips of ply across to brace the two. That's what I have in my kitchen for the dishwasher.
    In our utility I built a freestanding  open unit using CLS as legs so I could put a worktop on top of the washing machine & dryer. It's a bit like a kitchen island but with rails only on the sides & back, and no shelves/drawers.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Okydoky25 said:
    A free standing washing machine will be 600 wide, i.e. to wide to fit into a 600 unit. You could split one unit and size your worktop to go over one or both. If you have space(?) a better option is to have a tall unit either side and support the worktop from those.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Okydoky25
    Forumite
    grumbler said:
    Freestanding appliances (and even semi-built-it) don't need a unit. They just stand between the units under the worktop. A DIY job again. Can't you fix a worktop to the side walls of the room?

There is only a wall on one side and there will be a low window at the back. Not ideal but its the only space they can go. 
    Basically the idea is for the worktop to go across the washer & dryer and then at the wall it will do a 90 degree and will thin out into a 300 worktop being held up with the 300 depth base unit at the end. 
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,421
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Okydoky25 said: Help please. I have had a little utility room built off my kitchen and I am looking for a 300 depth x 1000 width Base unit cupboard but I cant seem to find one anywhere? 
    https://www.diy-kitchens.com/kitchen-units/base/slimline/ - First place I looked...

Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback