PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Purple Bricks

Options
Hi I’m currently viewing houses seen a couple through purple bricks does anyone have any experience with them ? Is the buying experience any different? 

Comments

• trance_abbey
    Options
    I'm buying through purple bricks - in my case the vendor used a purple bricks agent so I'm talking to them instead of directly to the owner.

I actually really liked being shown properties by the owners because you got a bit more of the real story and they knew all the history of things. After the sale is agreed I would think it could only be a good thing to have direct contact with your vendor so you can communicate about the process. I've read so many threads where people have been stymied in efforts to communicate through the solicitors and estate agents.
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't even bother viewing if it was being sold by PB. If the vendor has gone with their pay upfront scheme then PB have absolutely no incentive to do any sales progression which is IMHO the estate agents most important job. If the vendor has instead gone for their pay later scheme then you'll be stuck trying to deal with Premier Properties as the vendors conveyencers - not a situation I'd like to find myself in....
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77269484

I actually really liked being shown properties by the owners because you got a bit more of the real story and they knew all the history of things. After the sale is agreed I would think it could only be a good thing to have direct contact with your vendor so you can communicate about the process. I've read so many threads where people have been stymied in efforts to communicate through the solicitors and estate agents.
    I've never viewed a property with PB yet have always still been shown round by the vendors. The best part of a proper estate agent is that they deal with all of the communication for you, I can't see any advantage in having to do all of this yourself.
  • yllop1101
    yllop1101 Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you want to view the property, do so regardless of agent.
    I sold with PB and did the viewings myself. I think people appreciated it as I knew all the answers to their questions rather than giving vague EA standard responses.
    The support post sale is pretty minimal, my strongest recommendation would be to check what solicitors the vendors are using as the PB Premier property ones are dire! I tried to pay the vendors of the house I was going to buy to NOT use them (I E. Offered to cover the cost of them breaking the contract) as it took 10+ weeks to even get a draft contract. I pulled out in the end as my solicitor couldn't get anywhere-whenever she tried to contact them she had a bounce back email saying the case had been handed to a different t firm (and this happened 3 times). I may have just been unlucky, I know some others have had more positive experiences.
    I completed on the house I brought in less than 10 weeks, shows what decent solicitors can do! 
  • boxer234
    boxer234 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you I love the house and they rarely come up in this village just a bit concerned about PB reviews. 
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know one seller who sacked purple bricks as they had zero viewings.
    I know another who bought from seller using purple bricks. They paid their solicitor and moved in. Two months later and purple bricks have still not completed on the sale

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Octothorpe
    Octothorpe Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    I'm dreading our purchase  - they are using  PB solicitors 🙄
  • boxer234
    Options
    Your going ahead then.  To be honest I love the house and there is so few I like.  I’m considering waiting another 6 months for the madness to end. 
  • Octothorpe
    Octothorpe Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    boxer234 said:
    Your going ahead then.  To be honest I love the house and there is so few I like.  I’m considering waiting another 6 months for the madness to end. 
    Yes no choice as house is perfect and there is nothing else on the market.
  • boxer234
    Options
    boxer234 said:
    Yes no choice as house is perfect and there is nothing else on the market.
    I hope it goes well I may be in the same position. 
  • Kaysee24
    Kaysee24 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We are currently buying from a PB vendor. Despite previously avoiding PB properties like the plague there were few about and we like the house (had previously viewed next door before our last sale fell through). Our vendor is pushing them and we have direct contact with her (from the messaging facility on PB/ viewings) and we have given her details to our EA. It seems to be going ok I think!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback