PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long does Land Registry take to update?

Options
rainbow_fountains
rainbow_fountains Posts: 77 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 28 April 2021 at 3:05PM in House buying, renting & selling
We completed on our freehold house (not new build) in mid March but the transaction still isn’t appearing on Land Registry, I’m only looking at the transaction history so far, I haven’t tried buying a title report yet which will be my next step.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes?

Our conveyancer is being fairly useless, he still owes us a few hundred pounds (combo of cashback from our mortgage offer and land registry fee refund as it was cheaper to register online but we paid for the postage route), still haven’t got the money so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the conveyancer’s fault rather than land registry, but before I chase him I just wanted to check what the timescale is.

Comments

• Natbag
    Natbag Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are reporting delays, and I think it's taking a few months as standard at the moment so I wouldn't worry.
    @Land_Registry - should be able to clarify :)
    Property buying/selling timeline - currently into week 21
    04/12/20: Both properties listed for sale
    11/01/21: Offers accepted on both sales & on our joint purchase
    25/01/21: Identity checks completed, solicitors instructed
    27/01/21: Purchase survey & valuation complete, mortgage offer received 
    05/02/21: Reduction agreed on partner's sale (under-valuation) & on purchase. Mortgage offer amended
    08/02/21: Buyers pack returned to solicitor - sellers packs already returned
    26/02/21: Partner's sale contract signed
    10/03/21: Purchase searches all back
    16/03/21: My sale contract signed
    28/03/21: Purchase enquiries satisfied, Title Report & contracts issued, contracts signed & returned
    11/05/21: Still waiting on final enquiry in the adjoining chain to be resolved. Consent to break the chain granted, instruction to move to exchange given.
    17/05/21: All parties agreed to June 3rd for completion
    27/05/21: Exchanged on my sale only
    28/05/21: ALL EXCHANGED!
    03/06/21: Completion
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I completed 19th Dec, and the land registry updated to show the transaction about two weeks ago.  Solicitor then came to me and confirmed it was all done and their work was complete.
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, I sold a flat on 9th December which was on Land Registry about 4 weeks ago......
  • bravotango
    bravotango Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine took about nearly 2 months last year to be "officially" registered at the Land Registry due to delays as part of the whole pandemic (I did not ask to expedite it, as I'd rather just let the Land Registry staff get on with their work).

I did read somewhere, that potentially it could take up to 6 months, but in most cases less than that, unless it is a complex registration.

I'd envisage that due to the Stamp Duty Holiday deadline in June, people are rushing to try and complete as soon as possible too and that just adds more to the backlog.
    Save Save Save
    :)
  • MaryNB
    MaryNB Posts: 2,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I completed at the end of November and it only appeared on HMLR sometime in the last month. 
  • chalky_white_2
    Options
    A transfer of an existing registered property would typically take 2 months to be registered following completion.   But lots of factors play into this so it is not unusual to take longer.   If it is a new build property, or for a leasehold a new lease (such as a lease extension) it can take the better part of a year.
  • Tiglet2
    Tiglet2 Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We completed on our freehold house (not new build) in mid March but the transaction still isn’t appearing on Land Registry, I’m only looking at the transaction history so far, I haven’t tried buying a title report yet which will be my next step.

Our conveyancer is being fairly useless, he still owes us a few hundred pounds (combo of cashback from our mortgage offer and land registry fee refund as it was cheaper to register online but we paid for the postage route), still haven’t got the money so I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the conveyancer’s fault rather than land registry, but before I chase him I just wanted to check what the timescale is.
    Bearing in mind what you've said here about your conveyancer, have they actually submitted the application to Land Registry yet and, if so, when?
  • rainbow_fountains
    Options
    Tiglet2 said:

Bearing in mind what you've said here about your conveyancer, have they actually submitted the application to Land Registry yet and, if so, when?
    I assume they have as in the completion letter they sent they had itemised the fees including a land registry refund because registering online was cheaper than by post, but that’s all I’ve got 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback