No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April

edited 3 April at 1:58PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
99 replies 2.7K views

Replies

• dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I called into the Yorkshire Soap Co shop yesterday and bought 4 shampoo bars, the 4 I bought last June are almost done but I think that is pretty good going for 4 people.  I really like them, I cut them into pieces and just put one piece into a soap dish in the shower.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    dolly84 said:
    I called into the Yorkshire Soap Co shop yesterday and bought 4 shampoo bars, the 4 I bought last June are almost done but I think that is pretty good going for 4 people.  I really like them, I cut them into pieces and just put one piece into a soap dish in the shower.

We have a trip to Whitby and York booked for the end of May.  Must call in there and treat myself. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    391 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    No UUs or ins to report but thought I'd pop in to say that Boots are changing the t & c of their recycling.

From 29th April, you'll receive equivalent of £2.50 off a £10 spend, instead of receiving 500 points for 5 banked items, so bank any items before that date to receive the points!

• getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Some more UU’s for me.

Garnier micellar water 400ml - WNBA as in my opinion it is not great for removing general make up and useless for removing eye make up.
    Urban Decay lipstick foil sample in jilted - Lovely colour but WNB as I don not think they do this anymore.
    Urban Decay eye shadow primper in original foil sample - WNB as have more samples and a full size already in stock.
    Elemis pro-collagen overnight matrix 2ml sample - WMB as this smell lovely and my skin felt lovely in the mornings after use.

So that’s all my April PP items completed.

Elemis exotic cream moisturising mask 15ml
    Elemis pro collagen advanced eye treatment 15ml
    Elemis apricot toner 200ml
    Chanel perfume Coco 100ml

Superdrug vitamin e body cream 475ml
    Garnier micellar cleansing water 400ml
    Elemis pro collagen night cream (from March)
    5x samples

May have my face serum and another sample completed by the end of the month but that will be it.  Already thinking ahead to May and looking at what i can pan next.

Night all
    GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    One UU from this evening:

Heimish All Clean White Clay Foam Cleanser 30ml - WPBA but undecided. It's a nice cleanser to use when my skin is feeling a bit congested or ugh. 
  • sstevo19sstevo19 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a bit of a sort of my stash and getting rid of anything that's been open too long. So there's a few TAs:

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover 50ml
    Lush Fairy Dust Dusting Powder
    Batiste Dry Shampoo & A Hint of Colour For Blondes 200ml
    Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk 50ml sample

I did not realise how long some of these have been open until I checked my list. The Fairy Dust had also started to change colour slightly, and I didn't want to risk it  :|