99 replies 2.6K views

Replies

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:
    VALM said:

UU Ultrasun lip balm.  Gone at last.  I like this. Would repurchase but I think I have three in my stash so not for a while.  I have started a tube of Blossom & Bloom WonderBalm which I got as a free sample.  It's 15ml so a generous sample.  Very antiseptic tasting and smelling.  Jury's out so far. 

I've given this away to someone at work.  I did open a Liz Earle Superbalm lip balm last night but it tastes funny and I wonder if it's past it's best.

I've thrown away the Liz Earle lip balm despite having been informed that this is how it is meant to smell I can't bring myself to coat my lips in something that smells of paint.  I have pulled out the last lip balm in my stash which is by a brand called kindr.  Probably came in a subscription box.  Is reminiscent of a Fresh one that I tried years ago. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kim_kim said:
    I need to join this!  
    I purchased both QVC TSVs today (as I couldn’t decide what fragrance).
    I have LOADS of stuff stashed away.
    I have two weeks off for an op in two weeks time, If I feel up to it, I’ll do an inventory.  I really do think I might be the worst though :-( 

I was about to say the same, we have all been there.  QVC was my particular demon also. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:
    Im back of course (repeat offender lol).

My PP List for this month
    E45 cream
    BlabzBeuatyBar (Etsy) Coconut cuticle oil 15ml bottle.
    Bath & Body Works Pink Cashmere shower gel.
    Bath & Body Works Pink Cashmere shea butter cream - have cut tube open today. 
    ELF Concealer
    Benefit Hello Flawless foundation - getting more windows in the packaging. 
    OPI The Color of Minnie
    Nivea deodorant
    Laura Geller Spackle - I keep thinking this is ready to go but yet .....
    The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream
    The Inkey List Vitamin C Serum
    Barry M Wet Coat Top Coat - last few applications.

UU Ultrasun lip balm.  Gone at last.  I like this. Would repurchase but I think I have three in my stash so not for a while.  I have started a tube of Blossom & Bloom WonderBalm which I got as a free sample.  It's 15ml so a generous sample.  Very antiseptic tasting and smelling.  Jury's out so far. 

Updaed list above.

Do love the shea butter creams from B&BW but this fragrance is a bit meh.  Nice enough but not gorgeous.

Have opened a tube of Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue to replace the foundation. 

The NYX primer has replaced the Laura Geller one.

New Barry M top coat purchased.  Can't see the point in buying more expensive ones as no matter what I apply the nail polish only lasts 1-2 days in any event. 

Think the deodorant and Vit C Serum will be done this week.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • London_babyLondon_baby Forumite
    386 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Kim_kim said:
    I need to join this!  
    I purchased both QVC TSVs today (as I couldn’t decide what fragrance).
    I have LOADS of stuff stashed away.
    I have two weeks off for an op in two weeks time, If I feel up to it, I’ll do an inventory.  I really do think I might be the worst though :-(:smile:

Welcome, and don't worry! Some of us have been here for years and still slip up (like moi) :-( 

Ins:

I couldn't resist using my Boots points for the following: 

CYO red lip bundle - Quite pointless because of masks but seemed too much of a bargain. No more make-up now until 2025 :-)
    Glo32 teeth whitening toothpaste 

UUs:

Cien anti-perspirant deodorant roll-on - HG
    Oral-b satin tape floss - HG

Have a few splutterers in stash so hope to have more uus soon. 
  • edited 13 April at 8:54PM
    getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 13 April at 8:54PM
    So my order from Revolution Beauty has now arrived so a few ins to add.  I did delete quite a bit from my order so not as bad as it could have been.  Also have a couple of UU to add.

UU
    Cleansing wipes 10pk - WNBA these were not very good but they were very cheap.  Did what I used then for.
    Clarins one step cleanser 50ml - Really enjoyed this, face felt clean after using and smelt lovely. WNB as not cruelty free.

IN
    Pore blur primer
    Anti bacterial brush cleanser
    Supreme highlight in ice
    Mermaid’s heart highlighter (the purple is lovely)
    Make up obsession matchmaker lip crayon in candy (not quite the colour I thought I had ordered).

Will possibly need deodorant, face serum and body wash this month.  Hopefully I will control my wants for the remainder of the month although I get paid on the 19th so my new month officially starts them.

GMAT

Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • edited 13 April at 3:02PM
    getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 13 April at 3:02PM
    Has anyone tried the ‘wild’ deodorant and how do you rate it?

I am trying to ensure all future purchases are cruelty free and where possibe vegan.  I’m not vegan so that is not as much as a priority for me.

Currently I have quite a few products that are both non cruelty free or vegan that I am working my way through although some of these will take quite a long time.

If anyone has any good recommendations for cruely free/ vegan products that do not contain coconut or almond, please let me know.

Thanks for reading my waffle.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

• getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    ✭✭
    allie23 said:
    Hi GMAT, superdrug own brand are usually cruelty free and the leaping bunny on the bottles. 

I've also used the website www.mypure.co.uk and used the A'kin shampoo, conditioner and some skincare bits, all of which I liked. The my pure website has a range of brands on it. 

I also love The Highland Soap company. I swear by their lip balm, bubble bath (even OH loves it), hand soap and cream.  Products are handmade and I have double checked their website and the are cruetly free and vegetarian friendly but not vegan. 

Thanks Allie23, will take a look at the sites you have mentioned.

GMAT