edited 3 April at 1:58PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
99 replies 2.7K views

Replies

• VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:
    Im back of course (repeat offender lol).

My PP List for this month
    E45 cream
    BlabzBeuatyBar (Etsy) Coconut cuticle oil 15ml bottle.
    Bath & Body Works Pink Cashmere shower gel.
    Bath & Body Works Pink Cashmere shea butter cream - have cut tube open today. 
    ELF Concealer
    Benefit Hello Flawless foundation - getting more windows in the packaging. 
    OPI The Color of Minnie
    Nivea deodorant
    Laura Geller Spackle - I keep thinking this is ready to go but yet .....
    The Inkey List Caffeine eye cream
    The Inkey List Vitamin C Serum
    Barry M Wet Coat Top Coat - last few applications.

UU Ultrasun lip balm.  Gone at last.  I like this. Would repurchase but I think I have three in my stash so not for a while.  I have started a tube of Blossom & Bloom WonderBalm which I got as a free sample.  It's 15ml so a generous sample.  Very antiseptic tasting and smelling.  Jury's out so far. 

The Laura Geller Spackle is done.  Not sure if this was actually past it's best as my make up has not had the same staying power when using it.  I've also been using a new cleanser by Alpha H so it's good that this is done so that I can see if it is the cleanser that is not performing.

I am considering the Barry M top coat done.  I really don't think I have ever had a bottle of top coat that I have fully finished.  I'm not getting enough product on the brush.

The body cream will be done in the next couple of days too. 

Yesterday, I repurchased this top coat along with the Barry M base coat, Herbal Essences coconut shampoo and conditioner.  The Maui Moisture products are not working for me at all.  In fact, I've decided to become Marie Kondo and get rid of a few more things that are just not working so am throwing away:-

OPI She's a Bad Mufeletta.  Applied last night and it's going on patchy so time to go. Surprisingly, I have other coral coloured nail polish.

ELF setting spray.  I know I put it in my PP but it just seems like anotehr step that I can't be bothered with.  I can't say that I see a difference when using it.  I've always found that using a primer was enough.

Fenty eyeshadow primer.  Emma gave me this because she found it creased her shadows.  For me, it's fine in the main but in the last few days when I have used a Too Faced shimmer shadow it has creased and I can't be bothered to keep it as a I have cream eyeshadows, a Revlon eyeshadow primer and a NYX glitter eyeshadow primer that I can use instead. 

Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finish 7 by Summer:-
    Smashbox Full Exposure matte brown shadow (carried over)
    Bare Minerals Warmth bronzer (carried over, if I finish it in a reasonable time, I will roll in my Benefit Hoola mini bronzer and aim to hit pan) - have now scraped it into a separate pot and now I'm using it loosely there appears to be more product than I thought.
    Laura Geller lipstick called Kiss rolled in.
    Elf setting spray. Another item that I neglect to use. Want to finish it.
    MAC Agrabah eyeshadow from the Princess Jasmine palette. DONE.  Bare Minerals Heart loose eyeshadow rolled in. 
    Hourglass highlighter from the Edit 4 palette. Want to hit pan.
    OPI Lavendare to find courage mini lacquer. Finish.
    Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.  Keep in rotation and hopefully finish.  I really like the finish this gives but find a powder a faff to use.

Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALMVALM Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    VALM said:

UU Ultrasun lip balm.  Gone at last.  I like this. Would repurchase but I think I have three in my stash so not for a while.  I have started a tube of Blossom & Bloom WonderBalm which I got as a free sample.  It's 15ml so a generous sample.  Very antiseptic tasting and smelling.  Jury's out so far. 

I've given this away to someone at work.  I did open a Liz Earle Superbalm lip balm last night but it tastes funny and I wonder if it's past it's best.

On the up side though I've also opened my NYX primer (the one that is like the MAC one) and it is lovely and glowy.  Not sure if I have used the last of my foundation also as there was some resistence when I pumped today.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    1 more UU and a TA for me today.

UU 
    Superdrug Vitamin e body cream with dragon fruit 475ml - WBA this was not bad and seemed to do a good job of moisturising my body. Fragrance okay once you get used to it.

TA
    Urban Decay heavy metal liner in Midnight Cowboy 7.5ml - WMBA this has seperated but I did enjouy iy when used.  I may possibly not be in the right age group to use glitter.

Should have the micellar water used by the end of the month but no other biggies.  Have brought in a few samples so hopefully some more products used and then out.  Not got too much stashed away now. Hair dyes, hand cream and cleansers seem to be the things I have more of but again they have gone down.  It is make up that I seem to have more of especially eye liners.

Elemis exotic cream moisturising mask 15ml
    Elemis pro collagen advanced eye treatment 15ml
    Elemis apricot toner 200ml
    Chanel perfume Coco 100ml
    Superdrug vitamin e body cream 475ml
    Garnier micellar cleansing water 400ml
    Elemis pro collagen night cream (from March)
    5x samples

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • edited 11 April at 10:45PM
    getmyacttogether2016getmyacttogether2016 Forumite
    276 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 11 April at 10:45PM
    Kim_kim said:
    I need to join this!  
    I purchased both QVC TSVs today (as I couldn’t decide what fragrance).
    I have LOADS of stuff stashed away.
    I have two weeks off for an op in two weeks time, If I feel up to it, I’ll do an inventory.  I really do think I might be the worst though :-( 
    Welcome Kim_kim

I looked at the TSV but decided against it as really not keen on the moisturiser otherwise a couple would most probably have landed at my house in a few days time.

This is a great group.  It made me look at what I have although I have spending splurges now and again (1 last month, 1 this month and another to declare when it arrives) :/:/ but it does help to keep me in check.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)