What small DFW things will you do this week 29/03/21?

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Morning folks

I hope the weather is looking nice for the bank holiday where you are
    @jadewest94 - you've made loads of progress so this is probably just a little slump, I know you'll be back on it soon!
    @Lupus_Lou - welcome aboard! Always room for one more :) I imagine that will save you time and money! As the kids are teenagers, perhaps get them involved with the meal planning and maybe the cooking too? 

Not sure what the plan is today. I should be revising but it seems hard to focus. This exam is weird because it's open book, but in some way that makes it harder. I just hope that I pass. I've got no excuse for not having time to learn but I'm really struggling to focus these days - not sure if covid brain or just lockdownitis. 
    It doesn't help that I had a horrid night's sleep. Kept nodding off and waking up then finally woke at 2 with period pain. Got pain killers etc but didn't sleep again until at least 3 then woke at 7. Wish I could sleep in but once I'm awake, I'm awake. OH can just sleep for hours and hours. I've known him go 14 hours straight! Plus he can wake up then just decide to sleep more and go for another hour! Although having said that, he's always tired so it obviously doesn't help. 

We need to get the shopping but I'm hoping that we can go to the allotment today. There's a few bits t be done. Plus I need to sow some more peas in loo rolls. I think that the peas that are already done can go out soon although I might avoid the next few days due to the cold nights. They are in an open mini cold frame/greenhouse thing in the garden so are hardened off but I don't want to shock them too much with a plant out and complete lack of protection. Also should prep the next carrot bed and sow some more lettuces. I'm aiming for a rolling supply this year. Although I think that the slugs are happy about the ones already at the allotment. I have disptached 3 already tha were caught red-handed.

Right, better make a move as we need to get the shopping. Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,551 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @carrielovesfanta yes this is true! I think not knowing how much money I'll be getting from the house is also putting me down because if I knew I could budget and work out what's best to pay off!
    It's nice and sunny here so me and OH are gonna go to Iceland food warehouse and stock up on some things and then I'll spend the rest of the day in the garden planting flowers and seeds! 
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Sunny here, with a chilly breeze. Got a few bits done:
    Very short walk with dog - he is only allowed to walk very short distances so I carried him most of the way. Luckily he isn't a great dane! He seems much brighter now, but still rather wobbly on his back legs.
    Finished off HM soup for lunch
    Managed to rescue my poor morning glory seedlings, which I had left out in the mini greenhouse overnight. They looked very sad this morning, even though there was no frost. Must have just been too cold for them. Anyway, they are now on the dining table with the tomato plant farm, and seem to have perked up.
    Put a cloche thing over a fennel plant that I put out in a border the other day, just to be on the safe side
    Watered the broad beans, strawberry hanging baskets and the pots in the front garden. The wind is great for the washing but so drying for plants!
    Stripped bed and washed linen, dried on line
    Some tidying and putting away upstairs, must hoover in a minute
    Put salmon to marinate in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chilli and a chopped up spring onion. We will have this for dinner with rice, plus veg from the freezer.
    Made another jelly from out of date stuff I had in for grandchildren, but didn't get used due to lockdowns. It is sugar free, and actually a fairly low calorie pud, even with a spoonful of ice cream.
    Started shopping list for early next week, Tuesday probably as I will need to go to the post office then, with my latest ebay parcels. 3 so far, but the weekend is young :) 
    Gave away 3 slightly tatty, neglected house plants on FB market place. I love gardening but have little interest in house plants, which tend to get neglected as a result. Lots of people love them however, judging by the number of people I had asking for them. Not money saving for me (though I didn't buy them so no cost to me) but certainly was for the recipient, as opposed to the garden centre!
    OK, off to fill up the bird bath, then get the hoovering done upstairs :)

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Morning folks

Another lovely looking day here. Plan is to nip to the allotment to put the peas in and then OH has a 1-2-1 assessment at the gym. Apparently lying about for 12 hours in bed, followed by playing poker on your mobile phone for 5 hours a day and taking a 2 hour bath nearly every day, then watching telly for the rest of the time has affected his mobility! Who could have imagined?(!)

At least I have kept fairly active. My main problem has been the development of a sweet tooth - I mean, there aren't many ways to treat yourself during a lockdown are there? I have to say that I did eat the most amazing Oreo brownie yesterday. Worth every calorie. 

In more monetary things, I have been updating the budget sheet. Food spending is beyond silly and we are nibbling into our slush by about £100 every month. I can't get OH on board because he just says that things will improve soon (well they should but still...). It doesn't help that for some reason the government pays the self employed grants in arrears. We had the last lot in December and we won't get this one until at least the end of April. OH had used the lump sums to make some large business purchases (i.e. his drum kit), so we couldn't eek it out like a wage. Today I am going to get him to open a LISA so at least if and when we buy a house, we can get a bit more bonus from it.  

Yeah, feeling a bit stressed over monies today. I can't seem to focus on small things (or anything for that matter). I could do with getting back to work. The furlough and the lack of project work has just cut my income so much. And now things are opening back up but still not working...

Right, I'm going to put the washing on the line and give myself a stern talking to,

Have a good one all

clf x

LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income