anyone with Vodafone gigafast/Cityfibre experiences

Options
mongoose2009
mongoose2009 Posts: 243 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 28 March 2021 at 12:00PM in Broadband & internet access
cityfibre via vodafone  have finally enable the FTTP in my street
im thinking about going for it and would like to know anyone has had experience with the installation
and setup via vodafone

Comments

• millsteach20
    Options
    I've recently moved over to Vodafone & am regretting it. I signed up for Superfast 2 Broadband & speeds were OK for 2 weeks. Then the speeds started fluctuating. Sometimes fast; sometimes so slow that our laptops couldn't be used. This went on for days while we rang a very elusive customer service who kept patching us to Tech team 2 in Egypt & that's where it all stalled. We kept asking for an engineer visit; we followed instructions on uploading & downloading etc etc all to the detriment of our work. In thevend, I got so frustrated that I asked for my money back (I'd joined on 27.02.2021). At this point I was told that I would have to pay for cancelling the service. Needless to say, I hit the roof & said after all the frustration, waste of time & energy, I should be compensated for Vodafone's non delivery of product. Afterall, I had signed up for Superfast Broadband 2 & was at this point, unable to work as I wasn't receiving any Broadband. Is anyone  else experiencing this problem? What are my consumer rights with regard to this matter? Any & all help will be appreciated. 
    Thx
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But that's not the same as the OP and the question .

Your different question  , you have to give the ISP chance to fix any problem and mutually agree to leave penalty free .
    At a guess you  may well have a wifi not internet problem .How are you measuring speed via Ethernet connection .

As you mention work if this is a Business service you should have a business advisor and service level agreements .
  • Chris_F
    Options
    Currently going through the Vodafone complaints procedure. I signed up in September 2020 for connection in October. To begin with , I have never received the promoted Amazon voucher, they failed to set-up the direct debit, so only through me checking I found they hadn’t taken payment for 2months. Which I subsequently corrected with them, at no point did they contact me, letters etc. 

The next issue, I specifically signed up for the gigafast 900, because of the statement on the website “no prices rises during contract”, only now to be subject to the 4.5% cpi raise. They still advertise this for the gigafast 900 pro xtra. I have been told by their operator it is a government enforced rise!
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 19 May 2021 at 1:29PM
    Options
    After months of streets being dug up, noise, hassle, dangerous parking, unfinished work by contractors I have just received a Cityfibre flyer.

Looked to get a price to compare with Virgin who have provided excellent service for many decades now and the Vodaphone Cityfibre web page is down!

Update,  page now working but not enough incentive to leave VM. 

• Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    Resurrecting this thread to seek experiences over the last 10 months.

CityFibre has come to Southend and it's time to renew my provider. My first instincts are no because it would mean a Vodafone contract - have just come out of a Lebara mobile contract which ran off an ancient and dysfunctional Vodafone network - but I'd like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • HaroldWren5
    Options
    Resurrecting this thread to seek experiences over the last 10 months.

CityFibre has come to Southend and it's time to renew my provider. My first instincts are no because it would mean a Vodafone contract - have just come out of a Lebara mobile contract which ran off an ancient and dysfunctional Vodafone network - but I'd like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

From what I understand Vodafone is a mixed bag. If they can provide a broadband service, you can usually get it cheaper than others like BT. But they are incredibly disorganised and sometimes their own website checker will display an address as "Available at your address" one day and then not the next! However,

1. If you are fortunate enough to live in a CityFibre area, you can usually get fast Gigabit broadband for a great price, especially if Vodafone are running an offer. The pricing for CityFibre seems to be cheaper than Openreach FTTP. Given it is Full Fibre, it should be more reliable. It isn't running on Vodafone's mobile network (like Lebara does). 
    2. I think Zen Internet are also now offering FTTP products using CityFibre as well. 
    3. The downside risk is the contract length with Vodafone has increased to 24 months and the whole price increase thing by providers. And their customer service (that applies to many others as well though). 

The good - If it works, you get Full Fibre relatively cheaply. And if you can get it during an offer period, you can get it for a lower price than even the normal price. 
    The bad - It seems Vodafone is competing with BT to become known for bad customer service. 
    The ugly - The 24 months contract length and price rises. At the moment, only a few providers like Giganet, Cuckoo and a few other ones have committed to no price increases (i.e. fixed price contracts for the full length). However, I do not think they offer CityFibre based services and use Openreach instead. The risk is that over time the wholesale price will come down given the competition between Openreach & CityFibre (and others) and that other providers other than Vodafone will also use CityFibre. If for instance, another big ISP like say Sky started using CityFibre, the price might come down. So you'd want to minimise contract length if you can. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback