Getting partner on board

Options
2»

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Another trick when salaries are growing  is grow spending into it at a slower rate and about a year behind, when you hit 40% tax focus the excess on pensions but look to release some of the  20% pension back to other stuff.

Missed another point earlier, normalise on a year  give a better view for priorities as it removes the scale problem of regular small spend adding up. 
    £20per week is £1000per year.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Similar situation with my wife. We've been together for 14? years this year, she will never change. She is, however, a fabulous woman who lets me manage the finances. This means we have very good pension provision and we should be able to continue living the life we enjoy when we are old yins <3
  • Cornish_mum
    Options
    I think Frugalwoods did a blog post about this a few years ago. I think the important thing is to find something in common to motivate you both; most people don’t save just for the fun of saving. We are saving to support our kids in the future (we agree on it and it’s very motivating to both of us). MrCM has zero interest in money and just leaves me to organise it (we have fully pooled finances), but we agreed the general plan and we have a discussion about big spends/saves (eg holiday budget, when I make a big OP etc). 
    Best of luck CM 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure