🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

And the lost Will saga continues...

Options
The solicitor lost the Will as in previous post.

I followed all the Probate lost Will instructions and submitted the application in August, with completed PA13 and affidavit from solicitor as instructed.

Despite following the instructions to the letter the application was passed on to Birmingham, who knew not what to do with it so it got sidelined until I did the first post eight week check. They found it and sent it to Manchester where it then joined the back of a queue it should have joined at least nine weeks before.

It then took four months to get to the front of the queue at which point it was “escalated to the Registrar” ie. joined the back of another queue. At that point I was getting hopeful..will I never learn?! 

So today I find out it is in Winchester!! (It has done more travelling, albeit virtually, than most people in lockdown)  I then get an email asking me to sign an affidavit stating that there were no previous Wills. This despite the fact that the PA13 clearly states there was, ditto the solicitor’s affidavit, ditto my covering letter and the enclosed copy of the previous Will!!

Back to square one as it has joined yet another queue to find out what they can do as I have refused to sign an untrue affidavit...arevthey just hoping I’ll eventually give lose my own will and give up?

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport