Options

Comments

• JMcc123
    JMcc123 Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Just another, very negative update from me.

My little one literally sobbed last night asking to go home and asking for his own bed and own things, so I applied a bit more pressure to the solicitor who advised there is definitely no timescale to be given, we could be looking at months, or even years! So he advised I may be best looking for another property, he's unable to confirm whether the vendor has enough equity in the property to cover the debt, which may be what is causing the delay.
    I've emailed the EA, with no response, but I'm ready to call it quits now.

I have managed to secure another viewing on a slightly bigger house, a touch closer to school and a tiny bit cheaper for tomorrow afternoon, no chain and completely empty -  so fingers crossed!

My broker is pretty confident he can just amend the current application/offer with Aldermore so it hopefully wouldn't take as long. Literally keeping everything crossed! x
    Ah I have everything crossed for you. So sorry it looks like your original one has fallen through but fingers crossed you and the little one will be moved in no time xx
    Just had a call and tomorrows viewing is cancelled because they've accepted an offer this afternoon.. nightmare!

I'm not going to let EA or Solicitor know that, just in case x
  • CLJ2986
    CLJ2986 Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    JamesC3 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    Ah bless, I hope you've managed to move by then! I'm exhausted, this packing thing is draining. 

Anyone that's completed still look at this thread? Just wondering when to expect my first payment to be due 🙂
    Hi,
    Yes, we completed on 25th June. Our first payment is due out tomorrow.
    Thanks for the response, was that your chosen date? We complete Friday and chose 1st so can't work out if first payment would be on the 1st. 
  • CLJ2986
    Options
    JMcc123 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    JMcc123 said:
    Just another, very negative update from me.

My little one literally sobbed last night asking to go home and asking for his own bed and own things, so I applied a bit more pressure to the solicitor who advised there is definitely no timescale to be given, we could be looking at months, or even years! So he advised I may be best looking for another property, he's unable to confirm whether the vendor has enough equity in the property to cover the debt, which may be what is causing the delay.
    I've emailed the EA, with no response, but I'm ready to call it quits now.

I have managed to secure another viewing on a slightly bigger house, a touch closer to school and a tiny bit cheaper for tomorrow afternoon, no chain and completely empty -  so fingers crossed!

My broker is pretty confident he can just amend the current application/offer with Aldermore so it hopefully wouldn't take as long. Literally keeping everything crossed! x
    Ah I have everything crossed for you. So sorry it looks like your original one has fallen through but fingers crossed you and the little one will be moved in no time xx
    Just had a call and tomorrows viewing is cancelled because they've accepted an offer this afternoon.. nightmare!

I'm not going to let EA or Solicitor know that, just in case x
    Oh gosh you've had the worst luck. I'm so sorry! 
  • JamesC3
    JamesC3 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CLJ2986 said:
    JamesC3 said:
    CLJ2986 said:
    Ah bless, I hope you've managed to move by then! I'm exhausted, this packing thing is draining. 

Anyone that's completed still look at this thread? Just wondering when to expect my first payment to be due 🙂
    Hi,
    Yes, we completed on 25th June. Our first payment is due out tomorrow.
    Thanks for the response, was that your chosen date? We complete Friday and chose 1st so can't work out if first payment would be on the 1st. 
    No, we just received a letter saying that's what they were doing. They stated that from August all future payments will come out on the 1st. Again, not given a choice, but suits us and is a sensible decision.
  • rainbow_791
    rainbow_791 Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have had an email this morning from our broker to say our offer it on its way. I can not believe it after all the stress and worry this is amazing!!

The email says the offer will be posted and with us in up to 5 working days. Can I please ask others how long your mortgage offer took to come the post from knowing you were accepted
  • CLJ2986
    Options
    Mine came before my broker told me. It was issued on 28th and I recieved it thr next day. 
  • CLJ2986
    Options
    We've completed! Now busy moving in, had a few days crossover with the rental so taking our time 🤣 offer went in end of Feb, mortgage was offered end of April, exchanged Monday and completed Friday! So about 4.5 months all in. Thank you all for this thread its been amazing! 

@JMcc123 I will check back to see how you're getting on!
  • K_S
    K_S Posts: 6,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We have had an email this morning from our broker to say our offer it on its way. I can not believe it after all the stress and worry this is amazing!!

The email says the offer will be posted and with us in up to 5 working days. Can I please ask others how long your mortgage offer took to come the post from knowing you were accepted
    @rainbow_791 I download and email the offer pdf to the client when it's issued. If they haven't already, your broker should be able to do the same.

I am a Mortgage Adviser - You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. 

PLEASE DO NOT SEND PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.

• Sarah1993
    Sarah1993 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi,

I have been following this thread for sometime now and a query.

We would be applying for a mortgage with Aldermore soon, hownslow our MA says that the lender needs all hard copies of bank statements.  Is this truly the case?

Has anyone got a mortgage with Aldermore by just submitting the online Statements?

Please let me know.

Thanks
  • K_S
    K_S Posts: 6,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sarah1993 said:
    Hi,

I have been following this thread for sometime now and a query.

We would be applying for a mortgage with Aldermore soon, hownslow our MA says that the lender needs all hard copies of bank statements.  Is this truly the case?

Has anyone got a mortgage with Aldermore by just submitting the online Statements?

Please let me know.

Thanks
    @sarah1993 I'm not saying your broker is wrong (as there might be context that your post doesn't cover or you aren't aware of), but ordinarily they are happy with online statements or broker-certified copies of paper statements.

I am a Mortgage Adviser - You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. 

PLEASE DO NOT SEND PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback