IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Debt Recovery Plus for unpaid parking charge - no previous notification or ticket

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The use4 of the word "escalation" is you falling for their blooming trap
    Asking a DCA to send scary lettersi s not "escalatioN". Its a scam. 
    Youre told to follow plan A, thats because it works. We wouldnt suggest it otherwise
  • samu_saving
    Options
    I've written strongly worded letter of complaint to email to the "Building Manager"  on Lion Reatil Park, which is owned by BritishLand - i've added the link <I've now removed the link as I can't post it> below to help anyone else in future reading this. I hope this get some traction, or at least lets me know what I did wrong. I'm guessing this must have been an overstay as it's a free car park in the retail park.

• samu_saving
    Options
    That was very confusing with groupnexus / CP Plus.
    Plan A - was only to complain (which I've done), but I feel like I've lost 4 months and need to do something about it now.
    You mentioned that if they contacted the DVLA they should have provided a letter by 14 days - is this 14 days from the original incident - i.e. 04/12/2020? So if I do the data protection request to the DVLA, I can find out when they requested this info?

I've got one more letter of complaint (to Asda) and then I can to the SAR request to CCP/nexusgroup and an additional one to DVLA.
    Thanks again. More email writing. :)
  • blackdog2220
    Options
    umm lion retail park seemed to be  British Land and managed by Savills. back in 2017 , in fact google throws up parking eye cases at this location ,and groupnexus  but I seem to be finding that it is a different owner , bye the bye most of the shops are part of large chains with call centres , however  01483 600051. is the local number for hobbycraft , BUT they may well be closed due to pandemic , a simple phone call to them may reviel the parking co 
  • blackdog2220
    Options
    That was very confusing with groupnexus / CP Plus.

yes its to make things easy , you get a parking ticket ot a debt letter ffrom one company and the data protection officer hides in another website 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sending a parking fake fine to DRP is not an escalation, it's putting it into the gutter and hoping you will get scared by the dust cloud.

Did you see the example DRP letters people have collected and laughed at for many years, in the 4th post of the NEWBIES thread?  This is nothing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • samu_saving
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's help.
    I believe I've followed PLAN A now. I have
    * complained to who I believe to be the land ower (British Land)
    * I have complained to the store (ASDA) in retail park
    * I've requested a SAR from the DVLA
    The NEWBIES sticky also recommends:
    A postal PCN or NTK might be headed up 'Reminder' or 'Charge Notice' or it may even be a letter from a debt collector - it is your Notice to Keeper, in effect, if it's the first letter to arrive. No need to wait, appeal online as registered keeper (or as ''hirer/lessee'' if that's the case, see * below re lease/hire cars).
    So my last action is the template response as the registered keeper, and as recommended, I'll do this by email rather than post ()I was going to post it because I couldn't find an email address). Even finding the email address for appeals isn't clear - especially as the DRP makes only one vauge reference to CP Plus Ltd, and has no options on the letter. As this is my only correspondance to work from, there's very little to work with.
    I really appreciate the help and guidance, @Coupon-mad & @blackdog2220. The process is deliberately unclear and these companies are extorting money from people daily. :o

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2021 at 12:49AM
    Options
    It is odd the keeper missed a letter completely, and probably two from CP Plus.  Have you checked the address on your logbook?  Is it simply that you missed the CP Plus letters as they were sent to the old address on the logbook that CP Plus harvested from the DVLA - if you moved and didn't update it, and only sent off driving licences to update them - and DRP have traced your new address?

And I hope your complaints were from the keeper and didn't blab about who parked/did what/the story of the day?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • samu_saving
    Options
    I spoke to a friend who lives in the area. He has in the past received a letter from CP Plus 3 months after the incident, with no prior noticification. He complained that he hadn't received anything before, so CP Plus charged the "reduced" or original payment, something like £50. It seems like this is the way they operate.
    I also discovered that the car park is 3 hours free, except on a Friday, when its 1 hour free between 12 and 1 and 2 hours free after that. It's quite likely I was there above 2 hours.
    We have not moved house and the logbook is upto date.
    Complaints were from the "Keeper"

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Dont tell people who drove. Neveruse I me she he or partner. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure