We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

“View entire message” in gmail app on iPad not working

I am using the gmail app on iPad Air 4th generation (2020) and it has been working fine since I bought the iPad in December 2020. For the last week the “view entire message” option has stopped working.

When I receive a large email which is clipped, I click on “view entire message” and it always took me to a new screen showing the whole message. Recently the screen briefly looks like it is going to the full message screen but after a couple of seconds it reverts to the original email screen. 

I have tried updating both the iPad to the latest iPadOS version 14.4.1 and the gmail app. I have switched the iPad off and on several times and deleted and reinstalled the gmail app several times but it still won’t work. 

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks. 

Andrew. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.