IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EMA airport fine for stopping at the fuel station BP Fuel station.

AAAAHHHHHH, another claim form received for stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited. (this time it is at Fuel Station at EMA) Letter dated 11/03/2021 from CCBC. I think this needs another thread but just mentioning here.
160 + Court Fee 25 + Legal Reps cost 50 = 235.
Planning to do AOS in 12 days time from above date. VCS vs Defendant. 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,434 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It is ludicrous that they reckon the no-stopping zone continues into a petrol station.  We've had a number of cases defended about this scam set up and I am pretty sure that the EMA no stopping zone only covers the roads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am going to assume that the Issue Date on the County Court Claim Form is 11th March 2021.
    Please confirm.

With a Claim Issue Date of 11th March, you have until Tuesday 30th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service. If possible, do not file an AoS before 17th March, but otherwise, there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 13th April 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 March 2021 at 6:58PM
    Keep to this thread unless you have a previous one about it , in which case get a board guide to merge them

This sc#m has appeared several times on here , so look them up , plenty of info about it already

Those sums include £60 or more spurious charge , the one objected to and normally gets thrown out of the mix , the rest are typical charges
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 March 2021 at 8:18PM
    Redx said:
    Keep to this thread unless you have a previous one about it , in which case get a board guide to merge them

This sc#m has appeared several times on here , so look them up , plenty of info about it already

Those sums include £60 or more spurious charge , the one objected to and normally gets thrown out of the mix , the rest are typical charges
    The OP has another thread about another PCN at EMA, but at a different location. I suggested they start this second thread because the circumstances appear to be different. I am happy to be wrong if the regulars feel both PCNs should be on one thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • san2020
    san2020 Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 March 2021 at 8:58AM
    KeithP said:
    I am going to assume that the Issue Date on the County Court Claim Form is 11th March 2021.
    Please confirm.

With a Claim Issue Date of 11th March, you have until Tuesday 30th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service. If possible, do not file an AoS before 17th March, but otherwise, there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an AoS, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.

Having filed an AoS in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 13th April 2021 to file your Defence.
    That's over four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service instructions.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.
    11th March 2021 is indeed the issue date
    will try to do AOS on Sunday 21st March 2021. 
    Any specifics for Defence which need adding?

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2021 at 12:31AM
    san2020 said:
    KeithP said:
    Please confirm.

Yes of course.
    As described in the template defence thread.

Show us your proposed replacement for paras 2 and 3 when you are ready.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2021 at 2:37AM
    san2020 said:
    KeithP said:
    Please confirm.

11th March 2021 is indeed the issue date
    will try to do AOS on Sunday 21st March 2021. 
    Summary of the event:  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I wouldn't be handing the scammers who monitor this forum any information that might make their job easier.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • san2020
    san2020 Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    QQ, should I use the response form to submit my Defence? See attached.  hxxps://www.dropbox.com/s/4aae6r8l5prygtw/Defence%20form.jpg?dl=0
    In the forum elsewhere, It is advised not to even put a full stop in the box of defence, but as this is a compulsory field, how should I complete my Defence?
    see hxxps://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5546325/court-claim-procedure-updated-october-2016/p1 and point number 2.

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 March 2021 at 11:30PM
    You do not fill in the defence box on MCOL , leave it alone , do not touch it , not even a full stop !! Don't ask , just leave it alone , once the AOS is completed on Sunday , treat MCOL as read only , nothing more to be filled in !! No posting forms off either

You are doing the AOS online on MCOL , nothing more , on Sunday

The coupon mad defence template is linked from the newbies thread , slow down and read , then read again

It is your job to copy and paste those 2 paragraphs , you tell us your proposals below , we will critique your proposed paragraphs , but we won't do them for you

You should edit your post above , VCS read these forums
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure