Travel Vouchers

Good Afternoon All,
Having opted to take travel vouchers rather than cash as I thought it would help the travel industry, I only recently found out the vouchers can only be used by myself.  I booked for my family for my sons wedding.  It was cancelled the flights were cancelled. I got two dates 1 for the wedding is to be used by August 2021 and the one for Army v Navy is June 2021.  It now looks like I won’t be able to book the way things going.  I’ve contacted travelup to see if I can now get my money back as the voucher isn’t any good.   What’s other people’s thought?

Thanks In Advance 

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    At the time Travel Up may have been limited to offering a credit voucher if the unnamed airline was only offering that option.  A flight cancellation however would normally give the right to a cash refund.  Moot points now however as you accepted the credit voucher as full and final settlement.

Check the expiry date as often these are the dates for when travel must be BOOKED by rather than TRAVEL by. That might help with travel planning and make the voucher more palatable.

I can’t honestly see Travel Up allowing you to cash in the voucher at this time but no harm in politely asking. Some airlines, Air Canada, Westjet and Air Transat, for example, only initially offered credits but I believe their position has changed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback